Luvachicken

Anyone grown cucamelons as seen on allotment challenge ?

We bought a little plant in our local garden centre today, it is about 2 inches high and has lovely little leaves, looks like a mini cucumber it was only £1.50 so I thought that I would give them a go. My YD loves cucumbers and melons so I thought she might love them. Just hoping that it is not too late in season for it to get going. This warmth must help.

We bought a little plant in our local garden centre today, it is about 2 inches high and has lovely little leaves, looks like a mini cucumber it was only £1.50 so I thought that I would give them a go. My YD loves cucumbers and melons so I thought she might love them. Just hoping that it is not too late in season for it to get going. This warmth must help.

it'll be all right after all it's only Early June the perfect time for planting I think they'll not really start to fruit until the days start to shorten as I think they are Sothern hemisphere plants originally

Can't wait to see what my plant is doing when we get home tomorrow after a week away. I like having a veg garden, makes coming back from holiday less depressing so long as they have been watered properly whilst we have been away. My pet carer is good with animals less so with plants :anxious: