Luvachicken

Expensive crochet hooks.

I'm still resting my shoulder but have been looking at different crochet hooks and the price :shock:

Today I have just found a set of Clover crochet hooks BUT they cost £45 :shock::shock:

They are soft grip but I cannot see anything different between them and the knitpro or the fusion ones :?

Can anyone explain to me why the Clover ones are SO expensive ?

They were recommended to me as a present but it makes quite an expensive present I think.

Maybe they use a sturdier kind of metal? Or lighter maybe?

Dunno, but wouldn't spend anything over 4 euro's for a crochet hook. There is not much that can break or wear out. I only found that the size numbering on the soft grip handle wears of, but that isn't an issue either.

Wow, a crochet group sounds amazing - and your makes are AMAZING too, well done Quickcluck!!!

I've just finished a panda, 'tho I'm struggling to make his face look "right" if you know what I mean, the pattern is very cute, but I'm not sure my little guy looks quite the same, somehow!

Really hope that your shoulder improves soon. Have you triend resting your arm on a pillow???

Thank you quickcluck, yes I do have a nice pillow to rest it on.

For now the physiotherapist has strapped it with some blue tape and has suggested a bag of frozen peas and some lovely cream called Biofreeze, and some exercises I was doing already.

Even if my shoulder gets better soon I doubt I'll be able to make anything so nice as you have quickcluck.

Hi - the only crochet hooks I buy these days are the Fleabubs by Lala ones. She moulds fimo ergonomically round the handles. They are fab for arthritis & other hand/ wrist pain. You can even have them custom made to your own designs. I have a piggy one, a mystical one that is black swirly with glitter & stars, a ladybirds one & a general rainbow swirly one. She does all sizes & there are different sorts of hooks including the Susan Bates ones. But I prefer the normal ones. There are different types of moulded handles to choose from to suit your grip. Really great they are & you get a chocolate heart with your order..a nice touch!

I don't like bamboo ones & I'm not keen on plastic hooks as the yarn creaks & doesn't slip easily.

Emma.x