Charlottechicken

Favourite adverts

I love the Warburton's Bread advert with Sylvester Stallone. Hilarious. Whoever thought those two names would ever be in the same sentence!

At the danger of being thought stuffy, I find the current moneysupermarket advert offensive. He could at least have put some fake tan on those horrid legs.

This is interesting, because I have pretty much given up watching TV. It's not a conscious decision, it's just that I always have other stuff to do in the evenings, and I spend most of them in the kitchen which has no TV in it. I really miss the adverts! :oops: Not all of them, of course - but some are absolute gems, a whole drama in 3 minutes or less.

I'm off to YouTube the Sylvester Stallone one!

Not seen most of those. I hear the Sophia Loren one on our radio alarm - I think it's in a Cary Grant film with her singing it - not sure though. It would be the one on the houseboat if it is.

Years ago there was one for orange juice that the milkman would deliver to the doorstep. Just in time for Charlie the sparrow and his little friends to have a drink and then sing the dawn chorus. Charlie and his little friends were big fellas in bird costumes on wires made to look like the size of sparrows and when they touched down they all started singing "one, two, free o'clock, four o'clock rock" in cockney accents and they'd be dancing and doing the twist! Only saw it a few times but it always made me laugh.

I also liked the Esso Blue man and the tiger! Well I was only about 5 or 6 at the time!

I remember the white horses.

Old Spice adverts always made me think of my dad and the Milk Tray man I always said it was my uncle Dennis! :roll:

Need I say Smash?

Theres a guy who crops up in a lot of ads but never has a line. Hes in an insurance one, cough mixture and a car one where he picks up loads of different people. He must be on the "actor who doesnt speak, looks a bit stoopid but cute with a daft smile" list. I wish they would give him a line. Also Malterser ads are fun and the red nose one with 2 actresses using cup cakes as eyes and boobs was hilarious this year. They were very funny.

Hahahahahaha! Sorry couldn't resist.

Oooh yes and just because I have a long list of fancies - that fair/light brown Lacoste man that you could see him in the nuddy from behind. And what a nice behind he had. He had a nice face too - I liked his smile. And his behind. Cold shower required now . . . . :oops:

I think adverts used to be better, funnier and more creative. I mean the Smash adverts were brilliant and ran for years. Things like "Beanz meanz Heinz", several long running coffee sagas, etc. Today they are pretty bland with humour that is funny the first time but annoying there after. The Meerkat adverts are wearing thin, as is the Brian ads which I liked. The pigeon makes me laugh just because.

Ads were good back in the 70's and 80's with songs and catchphrases that are still used in popular culture today.

https://youtu.be/j-KDZDNnR9A

https://youtu.be/JOnWZYUuKGg

Smash adverts, of course. They still make me chuckle today.

I also really like the Cadbury's Dairy Milk one with the Logistics Manager sitting in his office on hold, and then lipsynching to "Yes sir I can boogie". I don't know why I like it so much, I just do!

And the older maltesers ones, like the man sucking up a malteser on a straw for his girlfriend.