chickencam Posted August 1, 2015 Share Posted August 1, 2015 Families are a nightmare. My parents fell out with my grandparents not long before I left home. A couple of years later I ended up leaving closer to my grandparents, therefore I saw them every couple of weeks or so. It was so sad and I always felt like piggy in the middle. Both of my grandparents are now dead, their deaths pretty much unacknowledged by my parents despite my grief. I see my parents two or three times a year and have a chat on the phone every six weeks or so, not a close relationship. I am far closer to my inlaws . I hope that I can always maintain a close relationship with my children but only time and other relationships with tell Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 1, 2015 Author Share Posted August 1, 2015 That's sad . Hopefully, because we've experienced the pointlessness of family fall-outs, we'll not make the same mistakes. I was reminding my mum today that she has 6 grandchildren and is about to become a great-grandmother. She said "Really? I never see them". Forgot that ES and I took her for lunch last Sunday . No use pointing out that my boys find it hard to feel anything for her because she had barely any contact with them growing up (we live one mile apart) and they hate the way she's treated me. My brother's 4 kids all live miles away but she's not exactly been super-gran to them either. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 6, 2015 Author Share Posted August 6, 2015 We received a thank you card from my niece today. Better late than never, I suppose, but almost 3 months does seem a little unnecessary. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grandmashazzie Posted August 6, 2015 Share Posted August 6, 2015 Good that she sent it. You never know what she was coping with,so she may just be getting round to thank you cards. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted August 6, 2015 Share Posted August 6, 2015 That's nice to know that she's acknowledged you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 6, 2015 Author Share Posted August 6, 2015 It is but in typical female fashion, I'm reading things into the way it's written ie just "from" not "love from" . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted August 6, 2015 Share Posted August 6, 2015 I would have noticed that too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 6, 2015 Share Posted August 6, 2015 Me three Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 14, 2015 Author Share Posted August 14, 2015 Baby Annabelle was born on 10th August, 8lb 3oz . I have bought some really pretty vests and bibs from Next so will send them off for little Annabelle (who is a very pretty baby!) and hopefully, her mum will be looking at the world differently now and perhaps appreciate what family means . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grandmashazzie Posted August 14, 2015 Share Posted August 14, 2015 Lovely name. As you say when you become a mummy you do view life and family differently,fingers crossed you get a nice thank you and get to meet little one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted August 14, 2015 Share Posted August 14, 2015 Yep, hope it all starts working out nicely - hey you deserve a big bit of nice! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted August 14, 2015 Share Posted August 14, 2015 Baby Annabelle was born on 10th August, 8lb 3oz . I have bought some really pretty vests and bibs from Next so will send them off for little Annabelle (who is a very pretty baby!) and hopefully, her mum will be looking at the world differently now and perhaps appreciate what family means . Congratulations Great Auntie For what it is worth I think you have done the right thing buying a little gift. Hopefully the new Mum will appreciate it and thank you. I like the name Annabelle but I don't think I would refer to her as Baby Annabelle, we had a sibling at school who was called Baby .... until she was about three Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted August 14, 2015 Share Posted August 14, 2015 Congratulations from all at Sparkysmum's ! I am a great auntie too & always think its a bit weird! Vests and bibs sound perfect Ax Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted August 15, 2015 Share Posted August 15, 2015 Ooh what lovely news, ANH hey you deserve a big bit of nice! Amen to that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 18, 2015 Share Posted August 18, 2015 I like the name Annabelle but I don't think I would refer to her as Baby Annabelle, we had a sibling at school who was called Baby .... until she was about three I still call my sister "baby girl" she's 36 now and my 4 year old nephew thinks it's hilarious Congratulations, great Auntie Vicki Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...