Spinning Top

Swollen pads under feet

My RIR has swollen pads under both her feet. They're not red, hot or tender (I pressed them lightly today), no black / discoloured areas and she seems to be walking normally.

We've got a Cube and she walks up and down the steps (no jumping).

So to me, not classic Bumblefoot, at least not according to what I've read or the pictures I've seen.

They're on wood chip in a WIR and there's a tarpaulin over the top so it's nice and dry.

Is it normal for big girls to get more cushioning as they get older? I didn't notice it before today but she doesn't like being picked up so tbh, I don't do it as often as I used to.

She's nearly 5 years old and I'm pretty sure she's still laying.

Thanks in advance.

The fact that it's in both her feet doesn't scream bumblefoot and that is usually quite obvious.

It could be that she's a big girl and you've not notice before. If she were mine I'd keep an eye on her, maybe take photos and compare them in a week.

Oh dear, I must be having a 'hard of understanding' day as it wasn't until I got to the end of your post and read the bit about her still laying that I realised it was one of your chickens you were reffering to! Spent ages trying to work out what RIR was in terms of SIL, OH, etc.

Anyway, hope she is OK......

The fact that it's in both her feet doesn't scream bumblefoot and that is usually quite obvious.

Gemma has bumblefoot on both feet :( (she is on antibiotics right now)

Zoe also has tiny scabs on both feet too :(

I would definitely keep an eye on her feet, taking photos like Lewis said is a really good idea and then you can compare what they look like - so much easier than trying to remember.