Luvachicken

Felty swap 2017 list started.

I'm sure I read that Plum said there used to be a felty swap so I was just wondering if you would like me to organise one ?

I'm happy to sort it all out if someone tells me what you need :D

On the list so far are

Couperwife

Plum

kazmac

Edited by Guest

I am only a very new beginner so will have to wait a while before I do anything!!

I thought I saw some lovely sheep that you did ?

They looked good enough to me.

I won't be taking part because I don't do / haven't done felting :oops:

I only just taught myself a new skill in time for the Christmas swap.

Beads are my usual thing :D

What are you making at the moment?

UFO's Just finished my elephant wall hanging this weekend - finished the sheep only last week and now framed and have half a large throw quilt in Morris fabrics quilted but it takes such a long time FMQ my arms cannot cope with it all at once so have that to finish I have 2 craftsy quilt kits to do and a baby quilt in cuddle fabric I brought back from the states last September!. Have some solvy and want to attempt a basked of snipped fabrics and thread etc as never tried them! What are you up to? Not updated your blog in a while!!!!!

UFO's Just finished my elephant wall hanging this weekend - finished the sheep only last week and now framed and have half a large throw quilt in Morris fabrics quilted but it takes such a long time FMQ my arms cannot cope with it all at once so have that to finish I have 2 craftsy quilt kits to do and a baby quilt in cuddle fabric I brought back from the states last September!. Have some solvy and want to attempt a basked of snipped fabrics and thread etc as never tried them! What are you up to? Not updated your blog in a while!!!!!

I only understand elephant and sheep :oops:

What is Morris fabric, and FMQ, cuddle fabric, solvy and snipped fabric ?

It all sounds very technical and complicated :?

William Morris fabric is a line of fabric from the designer William Morris from the 1800's. FMQ free motion quilting when you quilt the finished quilt top. Cuddle fabric is soft plush fabric to make a baby quilt. Solvy is dissolvable bit like gelatine you sandwich snippets of fabric and threads in the middle and sew all over it. When done you wet it and wring it out a bit and can mould into a bowl shape and leave to dry. Its neat Look up sulky solvy thread bowl utube.

Sorry I confused you!

William Morris fabric is a line of fabric from the designer William Morris from the 1800's. FMQ free motion quilting when you quilt the finished quilt top. Cuddle fabric is soft plush fabric to make a baby quilt. Solvy is dissolvable bit like gelatine you sandwich snippets of fabric and threads in the middle and sew all over it. When done you wet it and wring it out a bit and can mould into a bowl shape and leave to dry. Its neat Look up sulky solvy thread bowl utube.

Sorry I confused you!

Thank you for the detailed explanation Blackrocksrock :D

It all sounds lovely.

I'm going to do like Ursula and look up the solvy thread bowl :D

No rush if we wait you'll all have worked out how to felt :D Perhaps we should include making things with bought felt as well as what you've made yourself or needle felted.

Yes Blacksrockrock I'm rubbish at blogging. I've been making rows for a sewarow swap and made a placemat for a swap otherwise have been doing lots of watercolour painting. I've started a quilt with KFC so need to get on with that. I'm going to book some workshops to give me quilting inspiration.

I like the sound of all your projects I hope you share them, I must catch up with the general thread :D Ooh and I love William Morris fabrics.