Charlottechicken

Doris

Heehee, shout if you need help Lewis, although sjp is nearer to you :wink:

Minimal damage at the doghouse, thankfully. OH has a lot of branches down,and a fair few sleepers have floated down the mill race and got stuck in an overhanging branch; we hauled those out yesterday.... goodness knows where they came from.

Drove out yesterday, and there were a good few small, previously dead, trees down and some full sized ones too. The latter must have been across the road before they were cleared.

:lol: I have been tempted to go out with the trailer and gather more firewood, but I really need to chop what I already have!

chance would be a fine thing around here next to nothing worth having has come down all the good stuff came down in the bad storm 2 or 3 years back. I have got a cherry tree to 'butcher' this week that yield a couple of nights worth of fire wood was hoping for a apple tree but the customer now only wants it pruned so that'll only add to my compost bin

Out for a walk with hubby this morning and really not much damage at all, but we did see a huuuuuge branch that had snapped off the side of a beech tree. Thankfully it landed at an angle that missed some houses - in fact it very nicely landed along a hedge and thus avoided the road so no cars were squashed either! That's behind the cricket green in Hartley Wintney! All ducks looking the picture of health on the pond there. Just one Muscovy and I'm not sure what the birds are but they are really pretty. Nearest I can get is Egyptian geese but I don't think they are? Dunno! They have fluffy yellow ducklings? every year!

Yup, still too breezy for our tree man! Even though it was nice. He stuck to doing my friend's hedge instead - nearer terra firma! :lol:

Well thank you Luvvie - I think that's the same people that have moved into the old florist shop here. I think we may have to test it out - and local is nice to know. Tiffin's is good in Alresford. Very good! :drool:

Well thank you Luvvie - I think that's the same people that have moved into the old florist shop here. I think we may have to test it out - and local is nice to know. Tiffin's is good in Alresford. Very good! :drool:

Yes it is :D

And very yummy they are too, although I've only been to the one in Hartley Wintney.