Egluntyne

Strictly 2017 *No spoilers please*

I thought that the majority upped their game tonight, I just love Susan, she’s not the best but her work ethic and determination is great. If she could sort her posture out she would be great. The disappointments tonight were Gemma and Johnnie. Davood has come a long way as has Joe. I think the competition is now pretty open.

I haven't seen any for ages! Too much going on here and now with DD and her OH here, I've just about caught up with series 6 Game of Thrones at the weekends so I can give the DVDs back to DS! Not really the thing to watch and listen with the young'uns around. My viewing is usually done when his lordship has gone to bed! Roll on December when things go back to "normal" for me!

Well, some surprises tonight, both Susan and Debbie didn't dance their best and just didn't seem to 'get with it' for me.

Wasn't keen on Johnnie's dance, and his posture is all wrong.. he needs to tuck his bum under and lift up his ribcage.

Some excellent dancing though from Davood, Alexandra, Gemma and Joe.

Two questions though:

1. does anyone else look at Kevin's hair and wonder if he's channeling Arthur Scargill?

2. Why do I watch Shirley Ballas and think that she looks like someone's Auntie Elsie on the Christmas sherry?

Wow, some fabulous dancing last night.... just when I thought that Debbie had peaked, she pulls out more stops and produces the most amazing dance; I was riveted to the screen. Doesn't she have the most amazingly toned legs?

Some excellent performances, bizarres scoring too.

Much as I love Susan's joie de vivre and enthusiasm, I'm afraid that she has reached her limit and needs to go this week :(

It was a terrible shame but that’s how it is at this stage. I loved the dance and actually voted which I’m not often moved to do. I saw a spoiler on the BBC Facebook page I should know better than to read the comments before the show goes out. Not sure why we can’t have the results the same night by this stage.

Looking forward to the semi final though if the dancing standards are as good as this week was.