Leicester_H

Walk In Run - recommendations please.

Hi

There used to be a section about runs - but I can't find it - please feel free to move this post.

I'm looking to get a 2nd WIR (yay!) - approx. 6' by 9', wooden frame - I need length to be an exact length (8'6"), 6' width can be approx - so I need someone that can do a bespoke run (just need 2 side panels and 1 roof panel to be a bit smaller than the standard 3', so should be do-able). Don't need roof as will make one to match existing WIR roof.

I found this site, which looks like a possibility

https://www.4wire.co.uk/animal-enclosures/fox-proof-runs/strong-animal-run-6ft-x-9ft-16g-fox-proof-cat-dog-rabbit-chicken

but I can't find many more ???

Does anyone have any recommendations please

TIA, H

I have an Omlet one, but I wish I hadn’t!  It’s the one piece of their kit I don’t think is fit for purpose.  Rats just wander in at will, and so can small birds.   It cost me an additional £100 to cover with weldmesh to deter the rats.  So, you are wise in getting a wooden framed one, covered with small gauge weldmesh.  Avaries4U are no more but I’m sure there are others.   I remember that Lewis bought ready made panels from somewhere in the Midlands.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks for reply. I considered Omlet WIR but thought it inflexible. When I bought 1st WIR, there seemed to be quite a few options - but now there doesn't.

My current run has 1/2" x 1/2" mesh - the advertised one is 1" x 1" - I was going to ask them to upgrade to 1/2" x 1/2" mesh - what size did you use ?

H

Edited by Leicester_H
typo

I can certainly say that the Omlet weather covers are pretty useless in our winds - the seams have pulled away and left the bungees hanging on threads!  I'd also go for an angled roof so that the water doesn't lay on the top.

Have to say it's very difficult to get decent tarpaulins that are never the size you need in the quality that is required!