gareth

Sour Crop

Hi

one of my fittest ladies has sour crop. I picked her up yesterday and fluid came out. She was quite so I was checking her out. I have added 3 x 5ml tablespoons of ACV to there water. She has been drinking that (big mk1 glug). 

read that she needs probiotics and can’t get her eating properly. got home today she’s a bit full so I burped her again not as much as yesterday.

We have some AVI PRO probiotic powder left from a vet visit for a sick bird some time ago.

Mixed some up and squirted just over ten mill of the mixed solution into her so she has some probiotic help.

Does all the above sound right is there anything else I can do for her? Should I not burp her again tomorrow?

Can the others catch it? I burped her where the chickens cannot get to so they don’t peck at her sick.

So I googled what mother is. Now I understand. Also by chance my wife has just made some homemade ACV and that will have mother in it I checked.

It’s her first time tastes nice if not a bit strong. She’ll get 5 ml when she’s in bed I’ll syringe into her.

Need to swap out all girls water and use this home made a ACV.

It’s easy to make just apples water and digger then let it stand. YouTube it!