patsylabrador

Earthquake

Just catching up.  Nope - felt nothing - didn't even know until my mum emailed me.  :lol:  Probably was in bed.  The severed phone line, thanks to the hedge trimming tractor had only been fixed a couple of days before, so I've got used to early nights.  Plus any windy buffeting nights wouldn't have noticed it either

I did read that there was mention of it being 7 miles south of Taunton.  Not far from here is a quarry - we hear the "fire in the hold (or hole depending on whatever you prefer)" siren and if the wind is in the right direction, the boom.  But never felt the ground shake.  But Bridgewater is north of Taunton so it wouldn't have been the quarry - then again you never know what effect the explosives are doing.  

I was heavily pregnant when there was an earthquake that was around Wraysbury - never felt that either and we were living near there at the time!  I did feel the refinery explosion from Hemel Hempstead when we lived near Basingstoke though - and could see the smoke from our bedroom window!  We also saw a lovely rainbow in the sky later that day from the oil in the clouds!  But earthquakes - nada zippo - apart from the Science museum exhibit!:lol: