DanTheChickenMan

Wireless Chicken House Camera

If there is no power, it will need to be battery powered (solar panels could charge the battery during the day). But if there is no WiFi the camera would have to use a 4G network (like a mobile phone).

Something like this would work.

Or you could try using a WiFi range extender to extend the WiFi to the end of the garden. 

If you have an old iPhone lying around, you can get a free app that will turn it into a security camera.

The old iPhone will act as camera, your new(er) phone as viewer. You can get iPhone 5 for a few pounds on the internet and the app Alfred Camera will do the rest!

Have my old phone set and ready to spy on my chickens all day tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

These days absolutely everything is possible, including buying a special camera to monitor what is happening in the hen house. There are special cameras designed to watch what your pets are doing, I myself recently bought this camera from a website to keep track of what my dog is doing while I'm not home. The reason I thought about purchasing it is that a month ago when I got home I found my coach totally ripped, and I have two dogs so I couldn't understand who was guilty.) Now if something happens I will know whose fault it is.

Edited by Cat tails
Removed link