chickenlass

Diatomaceous Earth......

I have some but don't know if it works or not. You can either dust with it to prevent mites or add it to food to prevent worms. I do both occasionally, but also worm with flubenvet and dust with barrier red mite powder. Never seen any evidence of worms or mites but couldn't say which product is responsible! :? (that wasn't much use at all was it? :roll: )

hi

yes i am very new to chicken keeping but i did see evidence of red mite on the ends of the roosting bars so i cover them with diatom and i havent seen any since

also i saw some wriggly things in one of my chickens poo so i started adding it to their food and i havent seen any wriggling since although i have looked, hope this is of some help

sarah :)

I use it on a regular basis, and have found it effective against most common beasties. The chickens get it sprinkled in their dustbath, and food, and I've never had problems with redmite or worm etc since I started to use it.

It's also very handy for using on flea-ridden kittens, that are too young for conventional flea treatments! :D

I think I might order some myself as I've been wondering what to get to prevent mites / worms / lice etc and could end up getting so many things (these chickens are turning into very expensive pets!!) but if this seems to prevent all of the nasties it's worth a go, I'll order it later off omlet I think!