ktdot

Poop..............again, sorry!

Would just like to ask, how does everyone go about clearing up after their poop machines in the garden?

I have a fairly small garden and the girls free range for at least 3 hours from the afternoon till their bedtime. The garden and patio are becoming a bit of a minefield! How can such a small creature produce so much!! I have been blasting the patio with a hose in the evening but should I be using a poultry disinfectant as well?

Their favourite spot seems to be outside the back door just where you want to tread!

I use a stick to flick the poos into flower beds or up against the wall. Runny ones :vom: get a scoop of soil/hemcore to soak them up then pushed onto the nearest soil. I keep an old plastic scoop near the poo tray which is handy for that delightful chore!

After the weekly (at the moment) eglu wash I pour the used soapy water on the patio and give it a quick brush over.

Then the pooping starts all over again :wall:. Luckily, my "garden" was already a mess so I don't really care.

I use the blast with a hose method too, I have to de dog poo my garden

everyday and I can't be bothered to remove chicken poo from the lawn

(what lawn?) :roll: so I blast the chicken poo I can see with a hose as well.

I am horrified that my dog regards chicken poo as a tasty snack, and this

from a dog who point blank refuses to eat anything but expensive Pedigree Chum :x

Tessa

I am horrified that my dog regards chicken poo as a tasty snack, and this

from a dog who point blank refuses to eat anything but expensive Pedigree Chum

There is no accounting for taste. :shock::lol: Maybe it says more about the flavour of Pedigree Chum than the manufacturer would like. :lol:

I'm having visions of gardens all over the country being simultainiously blasted with a hose after chicken bedtime! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

All of my garden is either concrete or decking so it gets a quick squirt of Ecover washing up liquid, a once over with the garden broom so as it goes all foamy and then blasted with the hose.

My garden is decking and stones (no greenery in sight), and a path running up the side of the garage. I've put gates on the deck now - much as I loved them coming up to the back door, it was just too messy (the odd one sneaks through the rails). The worst area is the path which I jet wash every 2-3 days. In the stoney area at the bottom of the garden, the poo just kind of disappears.

We let ours out in the evenings and at weekends but only when we are there to supervise as they often eye up the 6ft fence like they'd like to try and fly over it when our backs are turned and we don't trust foxes to stay away either, so now it's getting darker in the evenings the poo is much less frequent - they do usually choose to do it on our lovely new (very expensive) indian sandstone patio so I immediately use a hand trowel to s"Ooops, word censored!"e it into an old dustpan and dump it in the compost bin, then tip a bucket of water over the 'area' so it doesn't stain the patio!! after a weekend of free-ranging I will have a quite look round the garden and collect up any poops for the ocmpost bin, but what with the rain it all seems to disappear much quicker now