tinkkletoes

used Wood Cat litter, is there another use ?

Hi All

just before Christmas i recued a British / exotic short hair 10 year old boy, And yes we are still finding out about each other.

my query is, does anyone have any ideas,/suggestions for use of used wood pellet cat litter with out the solids ?  he is getting through a lot & other than throw it away is there any other uses?

i do have a compost pile that the hens bedding goes into, and wondering if that's a good idea & if yes how much.

i am an avid gardener so any ideas?    would storing it in bags be a good idea so it rots down & the urine diminishes.

or am i on a losing battle of trying to recycle..... hate throwing away anything that could be used someone else......

last resort is the green recycling bin.......

Cheers All.

I don't think it will compost naturally very well being wood, meaning it will be very slow to rot. You might be able to use it as a pathway over weed membrane? Have you tried burning it, if you have a wood burner? You won't be wasting it if it goes into the green bin, it will be industrially composted and used by the Council or sold.

never though about burning it. might just try it......

What is the name of the flushable cat litter ?  thou i am having problems with him as he's very choosy about what litter he will use.  i did try the silica type as i still had a bag at the back of the cupboard & he refused to use it, by going to the loo on the mat that the litter try sits on...  Nothing like being told 😊  

37 minutes ago, tinkkletoes said:

never though about burning it. might just try it......

What is the name of the flushable cat litter ?  thou i am having problems with him as he's very choosy about what litter he will use.  i did try the silica type as i still had a bag at the back of the cupboard & he refused to use it, by going to the loo on the mat that the litter try sits on...  Nothing like being told 😊  

My iPoes is the same, but does accept this quite well.

image.jpg