ellasflock

Meet My new Chick 🐣

Well I was expecting more but a few were not fertile at all and I have two in the incubator at the moment but i don’t think they will hatch unfortunately. But I am all prepared if the chick is alone as a man down the road is hatching some Silkie chicks and if he has any available I will get one to pair with my chick.

• Like 2

Well when I initially bought my rooster(which has been re-homed by the way) he was a chick at about 5 weeks old, and I was able to sex him then, but I made a mistake and thought he was a girl. Now I know what mistake I made I am pretty sure I can sex the chick at 5 weeks now. But yes, they don’t have red combs or anything until quite a lot later if it is a rooster. So it can be difficult To sex them🤞🏻😬

Oh no😬😅 That is not good, a similar thing happened to mine, when I got him I made a mistake in thinking he was a girl and then I questioned myself because i guessed based on the shape of his comb and then at about 5 months mine started to crow🤣but I think I know what I will be looking for this time😂🤞🏻

No unfortunately none have hatched, but I have introduced my chick to my Silkie hen and she is very motherly so she was definitely good company and reassuring that the chick will do fine in a couple of months when I move her into the big chicken household. She is still living inside my house with heat, and lots of cuddly toys and mirrors and daily company and doesn’t seem lonely at all!🤣

This is her size update!

38838EBA-F287-461F-B110-F3ECB62EB304.jpeg

FC5CACF8-2682-4B81-BA89-3CC966B40A21.jpeg

• Like 2