Alis girls

Christmas ads!

Really don't like the John Lewis Advert - like @HarrisonFamily I loved their snowman one and the one they did with woodland animals with the song 'Somewhere only we know' by Lily Allen.

Haven't liked many others yet either - although I think it was Studio that did one recently with Christmas music but the children that ring the bell for Halloween are greeted with mince pies - I found that quite funny.

And why can't we have adverts from nearer the end of November ?

On 11/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, Cat tails said:

Hahaha come and live on this side of the pond! No Christmas ads till after December 5th, curtesy of Sinterklaas.

December 5th that is too late  .....I love the build up to Christmas ....I would start everything on the 1st December but I don't mind a Christmas advert in November but we are already getting houses with decorations up which is crazy and why are there more Christmas Fairs in November than December 

Yes the Aldi one is the only genuinely festive feel good one. I loved the JL snowman one and the one with the little boy who couldn’t wait to give his present to his parents that was lovely. I think JL one this year gives a strange message to children that it’s ok to sneak out of the house into the forest at night to meet a stranger. I know what they’re trying to say but it doesn’t sit well with me 

On 11/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, Alis girls said:

Still liking the Lidl one , fascinates me for some reason, I find something new everytime I watch it and trying to work out who's who in the family, how sad am I?😂😂😂 I need to get out more

Crazy idea but you could always watch a Christmas movie instead...has anyone any favourites ???

It's a wonderful life, elf, scrooge Walter c Scott one where you can see castors on one of the ghosts. 🤣Far from madding crowd was always on at Christmas (the Alan Bates version) so to me it's a festive one. Obviously holiday inn the one with Bing and not the hotel chain. So many more

I hadn't seen the bounty one - I loved it.

Sound of Music is one of my favourite films at Christmas as my Mum always used to let me sneak down and watch it whilst all my brothers had to stay in bed  - and my Middle name is Maria as my Dad also loved it. Also Nativity the first one - I always feel like Mr Poppy when I am teaching children to swim especially with all the other serious teachers around me, Grounded as my children used to love it and Love Actually.

• Like 1