moochoo

Winter's around the corner

I've just had a sharp reminder that it is in fact November! I know you'll all think " get a calender!" but honestly with the bright days and not too chilly weather I kind of forgot that it's neally mid November :oops:

However, this morning I got a shock my poor girls glug had a thick layer of ice on the water, the grass was crunchy and I've had to properly s"Ooops, word censored!"e the car windows.

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

My boys leave for school suitably coated, gloved and hatted up, but by the time I see them in the playground when I go down with Caitlin, everything is on the playground floor, being used as goalposts/starting & finishing lines for races/batman cloaks etc. :roll::roll::roll:

My boys leave for school suitably coated, gloved and hatted up, but by the time I see them in the playground when I go down with Caitlin, everything is on the playground floor, being used as goalposts/starting & finishing lines for races/batman cloaks etc. :roll::roll::roll:

That's boys for you! :lol:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I've just looked out the window, and it's SNOWING. It's very wet snow, and at the moment it's melting as soon as it hits the ground, but there is big fat flakes falling, as I type. :shock::shock::shock::shock:

The school is only a c ouple of minutes walk, and the vast majority of the teachers are local, so unless the heating breaks, then yes, I'm sure school will be open as usual. I'm more concerned about chookiehubbie now, who is enroute from Edinburgh, and has a rather nasty B road to negotiate on his way home. Am trying to get a picture of the flakes falling, but my camera is not the best!

Oooops, snow already :shock: . I do hope Chookiehubbie gets home safely, and not too cold. I love snow 8) , but only if I don't have to do anything in it beyond playing. Expect me to drive in it or actually achieve anything and I'm whimpering madly :oops::oops:

That said it's pretty bloomin' freezing here, and I'm in the balmy South East, we might not have snow but it really feels as if winter is beginning to bite :shock:

very chilly feet and looking forward to my old friends the chilblains shortly. I have spent the day going between very hot rooms and the decidedly Baltic outside world. I now have a pair of ice blocks wrapped in fleecy slippers. The dog has taken to the sofa to avoid the blast coming down the stairs!! I love my house, but it is very drafty!!

I'm sitting here at work (the NHS) and they have decided to turn all the heating off to save money ! Everyone has got fan heaters on which cost more to run and keep blowing the electrics but they won't listen to us and they won't tell us when the heating will come back on !!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

I'm going to be wearing thermals and gloves tomorrow I think ! :oops::lol: