Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Porky! :wink:

We had sausages made from their own Gloucester Old Spot pig with new potatoes and peas followed by fresh fruit salad and cream - it was lovely.

Tony is just so passionate about rare breed pigs - it is totally infectious. That was where we collected our pigs from 2 weeks ago. Today, two of the course members were collecting two little Kune Kune pigs - they were a leaving present when one of them recently left their job. 8)

They are very happy in their new paddock - we can hardly see them in the long grass. They are getting bigger by the day - we can't pick them up now and will have to start training them using boards so that we will be able to move them if we need to.

:lol: Lesley, I liked your description of 'porky lunch'. We had a delicious breakfast at the B&B while on the rescue - the suasages and bacon were both from local, organic pigs and they were fantastically tasty - probbaly the best breakfast we have ever had :D I hope that your piggies taste as good.

Hia Lesley. I asked Tony to send me an information pack about pig paradise, he emailed me this afternoon and gave both you and Carly a mention. He described you as two nice people from near Stratford! :lol:

I'm seriously thinking about doing a course, I love pigs and practical sorts of things!

I've loved reading this Lesely, it really has been a breath of fresh air today to catch up with your pig tales!

Lovely photo's, but nothing like what I dreamt about - much better and far more colourful in real life :D

I wonder where the pink cake will come in that I share with Carl? :wink:

8) Yummy dinner, and great to see the photos. Glad to hear the course went well. I always muddle up 1600 hrs and 6pm, but it sounded a full day anyway.

Thanks for sharing it all with us, Lesley, you're making such good progress with the Plan. :D:D

I meant to say that the photo was the uncooked version - nice and yellow from all the corn! It took two and a half hours to roast :shock: - and it was superb - melted in the mouth. We did think it might be a bit chewy as it was 9 months old but it wasn't.

Lauren and Jake don't mind getting wet - they're good little livestock helpers. They get kitted out in odd items of Carl's 'pig feeding clothes' - Lauren is nearly as tall as Carl now anyway! As long as they're warm, they don't mind. They splashed through all the puddles and went in with the pigs and chickens. They finished up with a treat - feeding the cats which means Mummy Cat leaves her babies so that we can see them properly :D

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this thread - it always cheers me up no end.

I don't contribute to it often,but always check in to catch up with all the news :P

Keep it up :D

I thought people might get bored? Please all of you - tell me if you do :?