Cate in NZ

Ooops!

Anyone else out there ever accidentally sent emails to the wrong person?

I've just been sending photos by email, and there's 2 people with the same name in my address book.............. I've just send photos of my christmas tree and children to the wrong person :oops:

Apart from feeling like an idiot having to send another email to say "sorry" it's not really too much of a problem, I hope, but how easy to make a mistake :shock: ...........and thank goodness it wasn't anything private or personal. I can't believe I didn't check the address properly :roll:

Please don't tell me that I'm the only careless twerp when it comes to email :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you certainly aren't! I give talks on email risk as part of my job ... believe me it's far worse if you send a business email to the wrong person! It happens a lot.

It's easy to do with texts, too, haven't done it myself but a friend of mine has two friends with the same name, and frequently sends a text to the wrong one. I hope the lucky recipient enjoyed your photos! :wink:

I have done a lot worse.

About a year ago I received an email from a cousin and thought I had forwarded to my husband, adding what plonkers they were, but I replied instead - we havent seen them since!!

Recently, I emailed some photos to my daughter, well, I thought it was my daughter but I added a dot between her first and last name and a really nice lady from America replied saying that judging by the photos I had sent in error, I was old enough to be her daughter!! She did like the photos though!

I did exactly the same thing to her last week, but this time I was reprimanding my daughter for not tidying her room and stripping her bed...

I have sinced checked the addresses in my book on line.

I've done it with texts... I text a friend of mine a lot, and once wrote a text for my husband, and sent it to my friend by mistake (just so used to selecting his name from the list)... I have actually done that more than once, with the same friend... I think he's getting used to it :wink:

Thankfully it was never anything too embarrassing, just practical texts asking my OH when he'd be home and so on...

At work we received an email from a woman who works for local government, she usually asks for forms and leaflets. This time she had inadvertently emailed her holiday snaps to everyone on her works email list, which included us. We had a look through all of them and worked out that she had been to Cancun (judging by the word 'Cancun' appearing on a male companions t shirt and hat :roll: ) It can't have been a sightseeing tour as all the shots were of them sleeping in the sun, eating, and generally lazing about the hotel.

But if your name is Becky, and you work for local Government in Staffordshire and went to Cancun in 2005, I've seen your holiday snaps! (and yes we did delete the email :wink: )

I used to get lots of lovely intimate e-mails intended for the guy above me in the company address book, (very similar name) he was based in Philadelphia, I always replied! :lol:

They were obviously having an affair, I used to reply by sending obvious hints that she had the wrong address, like 'meet me at Blackpool tower' or 'Scarborough Fair'! she thought he was a Simon and Garfunkel fan! I pointed out that I don't live far from Scarborough, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

It went a bit quiet after that!

I hope they are both well! :lol::lol:

Kev.

Oh, yes, I remember that :lol::lol::lol:

I'd quite forgotten until you reminded me. I think there was a photo, quite possibly of your kitchen and I remember thinking very nice..........but why? And then you asked at what time I was expecting to be somewhere, and that completely confused me :lol::lol::lol::lol: .

I'm so glad I'm not the only one though, I felt such an idiot when I did it, even though fortunately it didn't matter that much. I'd always prided myself on trying to be a bit internet savvy too :roll: There's a lesson learned............check the recipient before you click send :wink: