Guest Poet

blue sky!!!! :0)

let the girls out at about 7.50am and it was dry and just beginning to get light, the second I stepped back in the house, the heavens opened and the wind started howling and the sky went all grey and dark- horrible! I went back to bed as was exhausted, eczema kept me awake all night, even have it on my eyelids!.

The sun is now out and the sky is blue, still a bit breezy but not blowing a gale. Amazing how a blue sky and a bit of sun can lift your mood. Can't wait to get out there, see you later! :D

let the girls out at about 7.50am and it was dry and just beginning to get light, the second I stepped back in the house, the heavens opened and the wind started howling and the sky went all grey and dark- horrible! I went back to bed as was exhausted, eczema kept me awake all night, even have it on my eyelids!.

The sun is now out and the sky is blue, still a bit breezy but not blowing a gale. Amazing how a blue sky and a bit of sun can lift your mood. Can't wait to get out there, see you later! :D

try evening primrose oil it works wonders for ezcema

Beautiful Sunny Day here aswell - gots loads done in the garden with the help of the chooks :D:D:D Couldn't have wished for a lovelier day :D

Garden should be fiinished next week if the weather holds -then I can post some pics

3 day weekend for us - inset tomorrow and looks as though it's going to be another sunny day :D:D

We had the most horrendous gales last night. I'm convinced the house shook at one point :shock: . I was reading in bed with the dog beside me - there was an enormous gust of wind and I'm sure the whole room moved. The dog certainly jumped :shock: .

Good news though, my corrugated plastic sheets are still intact :dance: . No trips out to rescue shower curtains in the wee small hours for me anymore :D .

At last I can add a positive posting on this thread (didn't want to drag it down yesterday when I was looking out of my windows muttering "blue sky....PAH " :shock: ). But today's glorious, sunny, blue sky and a gentle breeze. Bit of a nip in the air, but not really what you'd describe as cold.............pop on a couple of layers and get a bit of exercise and it's as warm as summer.............well, almost :wink: .

Off to rediscover what's left of the garden this morning, see if there's anything left after the wind, rain and mud :shock:

Here in Southern Denmark it is extremely windy with a bit of rain. Yesterday was the same. I felt guilty not letting the chickens out to roam free yesterday, but when I cleaned the eglu today I let them out. they spent approx 10 minutes being bown hither and thither and eventually pottered back inside the eglu. I closed the run door and hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Sky's been almost blue today though... I just wonder when or if we will get ANY snow at all this winter...

Laila

Not really, Lesley... Global warming has reached these parts too. I remember loads of snow when I was young, big heaps along the roads pushed there by the snow ploughs. Nowadays people still put winter tyres on the cars (the chains are illegal) and usually there are a couple of days where some people somewhere are cut off from the rest of the world and the army brings out the Meals on Wheels. Since coming back to Denmark 2 and a half years ago I have not had winter tyres on the car at all, but we have had slippery roads and snow and minus 20 for weeks at a time. It seems to hang around when it does get here. I expect we'll get some snow in February. I like snow so keep hoping.

Laila