Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Go away GRD! You are not helping! If you read back you'll see that this thread is full of ENCOURAGEMENT, so you don't belong here.

Chicken on a mission - try the vinegar. HappyMama said it would upset things for only a few hours. Alternatively you could try her oatmeal suggestion which apparently soaks up the grease. You have to believe that it will sort itself out eventually. Therefore it's worth the wait! :D

Grease... vinegar.... all you need is a few chipped potatoes. And maybe some ketchup.... a bit of battered cod... mushy peas. Mmmmmmm. :wink::D

Go on - give it a wash!!! :D

Let's face it, no bloke is going to look at a girl with greasy matted hair.

Thanks grd, that was exactly the right thing to say in a funny kind of way.

Now when I go around not getting any attention from blokes I can blame it on the hair rather than the fact that I'm plain, fat and walk round with a face like a serial killer :P

:lol:

Go on - give it a wash!!! :D

Your temptations only make me more determined to resist them, Grd. :)

I have no intention of using the shampoo either, thanks. :wink: My hair is not greasy & matted; before it was dry & matted, now it's just greasy.

LSH hasn't noticed after 8 days. :shock: Or, perhaps he has, & knows better than to make an ill judged comment!

Plus, I'm looking as wonderful as ever, and feel great. :P

Chicken on a mission...help, is day 9 awful? That's tomorrow for me. Hang on in there!

Mine looked the worst so far this morning, after the rinse, but has improved throughout the day. It's def. much worse after the much looked forward rinsing. I haven't used vinegar for the same reason you suggest. Maybe the oatmeal is an idea, but I have visions of it getting stuck in my (sticky) hair, then I'll go out in the rain (unlikely here in S.East) and have porridge on my head! Plus,lots of pigeons.

So, I think I may do the rinse 2 or 3 times a week in the evening, but not go out, & give it a few hours to settle.

My other problem is, I'm dreading meeting any forum members now. I haven't told anyone else yet, I want to see if they notice a difference, and don't want them to be looking deliberately for grease. But you lot will!

Let's face it, no bloke is going to look at a girl with greasy matted hair.

Thanks grd, that was exactly the right thing to say in a funny kind of way.

Now when I go around not getting any attention from blokes I can blame it on the hair rather than the fact that I'm plain, fat and walk round with a face like a serial killer :P

:lol:

And you forgot the bit about living in Gosport. :roll::D:wink:

That's not nice grd

At least she doesn't live near Southampton! :twisted:

Believe me - if it's a choice between Soton or Gosport, take Soton every time.... actually no, go somewhere else instead. :roll:

Yes I am I had to wash it this morning will tell you why later :wink:

But I am going to go for it. I often wash my hair anyway after a week thinking gosh its been a week I should do it but don't really need to.

When I have to do it at work I tend to do it as little as I can at other times just to give it a rest so a week is not too bad for me and I am off work in about 5 weeks for a week and that sounds like it would be at the crunch time so hopefully this morning may be the last time with shampoo :shock:

Watch this space :lol:

Have to dash now will be back later :wink:

You got a secret date Louise????

Huh????

Well, got home from circuit training all hot and sweaty last night, as my hair had been dry yesterday I decided to just rinse it in hot water while I was in the shower - it's fine this morning. I shall just shampoo less, as I am convinced that it irritates my scalp, and rinse in between.

Well done Clare! :D

My hair is definitely greasy today, though probably looks better than it did after rinsing yesterday. I've got no time to do anything about it though probably until Thursday. By then it may have sorted itself out! :D

I think it's probably less noticeable when you've got long hair and can tie it back. I used to have hair nearly to my waist and could hide a multitude of sins by plaiting it.

My stunbling block will be that I have to be smart and well-groomed for work. I know, it's so superficial, but I like my hair to look and feel nice.

Well a quick update, my hair looks greasy :!: . Alyssa this morning said she didn't think black hair suited me :!::shock: . She said it looks like i've got badly growing out hair dye. I'am going to try the oatmeal trick later, will let know how it goes. :)