Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

:shock: Aaagghh...I told you to hide them, Kate!

You're right about having done the experiment at all, though. Just using shampoo less frequently will be a good result.

My hair is still OK, the length is better than ever, scalp fine, but it's just a bit drab. I miss the way a wash brought out the natural colour, it seems an all over shade of sludge brown, instead of an uneven shade of sludge brown. I suppose the oil makes it look darker & more uniform. Hope it's not dirt!

It doesn't look unwashed, just overset or something.

Hide the bottles girls, I'm looking forward to just hot water again tomorrow.(Haven't used vinegar yet)

Not looking forward to 5 week stage! Has it really only been one week? Seems like forever. :lol:

OK everyone, ignore all thoughts of black water :shock::lol: and hide the bottles.

I know it's tough giving up hair washing.... but I do hope that those are shampoo bottles that you're referring to Sheila...... and that this experiment and worries about black hair isn't driving you all to drink :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rosie has been with her Dad this weekend, I hope that he hasn't shampooed it. Her hair is normally lovely and she likes it to look nice, she has my very thick hair, so it normally takes a long time to dry, but it takes far less with just rinsing it. I had noticed (while still using shampoo) that she had a bit of a flaky scalp, and that was one fo the incentives to try this on her.

I get a really itchy head, from the shampoo/conditioner I think. Once I have used up all my products, I will give it a go too. Heartened by Kate's comments, I think I might switch to rinsing in between and shampooing less.

You all did really well, remember I caved in after missing only two washes! I have to say though that I now shampoo every other day rather than every day so I'm doing my bit (however small) for the environment by cutting my shampoo usage by 50%.

Cheers!!

I am washing mine less as well. I've also changed the style ( :shock: if it ever had one!) and am preparing to be a 'Farmer', which i can't do if worrying about the slightest breeze spoiling my hair. Might just take up wearing a woolly hat instead :roll:

8) It's made us all think, hasn't it, whether we just reduce shampoo, or try & stop altogether. A hat may be essential for me too soon, Lesley!

A washable one.

Actually, I think my hair looks better than usual today, but I find it takes longer to dry. However, it's not a problem as I shower at least 90 mins before leaving the house.

Kate A, that really made me laugh! Yes, hide all types of bottles! :lol:

My hair was gross today :lol:

Thank goodness it is long enough to out up.

Mind you it doesn't look as bad as my daughter's (aged 3). I got back in the house after cleaning out the girls only to find out she'd attacked her fringe with the scissors and it very short in places :shock:

I daren't even it up because at least the longer bits hide some of the shorter bits :cry:

:shock: Oh no! That happened to Charlot at a friend's house when she was that age. We thought they were playing quietly! She took out a couple of locks of long hair! But, it'll soon grow. :D

Well done, COAM, I think you're one day ahead of me, can you feel some benefit, as well as it being gross today? :lol:

Hope we're still going when AnnieP & ClareT join in.

I've lost track of the revised list of who is still in. Must be all those bottles confusing me. :roll::wink:

My head started to itch last night. Today is day 7 and I have rinsed my hair thoroughly in warm water. I decided not to use the vinegar unless I have to. It's still wet now, but I will report back later! Fingers crossed for an improvement. :)

Sorry girls - I gave in at the weekend. I went out on Saturday night o celebrate a friends birthday - and after a few comments from people about the state of my hair (not nasty - just people I'm close to enquiring) I gave in :oops:

However - like a few of you, I am going to make a concerted effort to levae my hair at least 3 days, and try to extend that over a period of time too. As it was last done on Saturday evening, today would normally be bad and an "up" day with me washing it this evening, but it really doesn't look that bad - so I think I've managed to make a small change anyway. Hopefully I'll manage until tomorrow eveing.

Edited by Guest

Don't worry Jackie! :D

I'm very aware that I would not keep going if I was permanently troubled with itchiness. Equally I think I will have wasted all the effort and anxiety of the past week if I give up. I really want to make it through 12 weeks. If my hair isn't wonderful then, I will feel I have tried it and given it the best chance but then revert to shampoo!

How are you doing Sheila? Anne?

Rosie's dad managed to remember 'no shampoo' over the weekend. Her hair looked a bit dark and lank last night, so I gave it a vinegar rinse, fine, except that she opened her eyes when I told her not to and she got some in her eye! :roll:

Her hair looks and feels fine, dries quicker and the flaky bits seem to have gone.

I am going to circuit training tonight, so my hair always gets sweaty. But instead of shampooing it, I am going to just give it a rinse. I washed it yesterday morning and it is still a bit dry. I reckon that the way to go while I am using up my products is to rinse every other wash and shampoo in between, this does mean that it will take longer to use up all my stuff though :roll: But it might give my hair a rest - I went 3 days without washing it last week, and it was much more manageable.

Ok! My hair is almost dry and I am very pleased. My head is no longer itchy and the hair looks OK. It's a bit dull on top but the length looks really healthy and definitely better than usual.

I am off to perform as a piano accompanist this afternoon (paid work!) and I'm wearing my hair down. That's how OK it looks! :D

Today is day 7 and I'm feeling really pleased! :D

Clare, good luck with tryng your new hair washing routine. Report back to us.

Ginette, you're helping to encourage me now. I'm on day 6 and it does look a bit grim :( . My scalp doesn't feel itchy so that's good, but I'm hoping the hair will start to look better soon. I think I'm only just getting away with it at the moment. :? I will carry on because I want to see what happens. Will it really take 12 weeks though? :shock:

Thanks Clare! :D

My hair is completely dry now. Once again it doesn't look as good as it did before I rinsed it. The 'grease' is no longer just on the top, probably down to the tops of my ears now. I guess it will have to work its way down the full length :shock: My hair is all one length (down to bottom of shoulder blades) except for a thin fringe and the other half of the fringe which I have been growing out for 8 months now. As long as I have clipped back the side bits, as I usually do, it looks fine. I don't think I could just wear it completely loose today as it is very close-fitting on my head! :shock:

I have no intention of stopping yet! :D

Linda, try to keep going. Perhaps rinse it in water more often or try a vinegar rinse? I am trying to spend as much time rinsing it as I would with two shampoos and conditioner, so that I can be sure it has been thorough. Good luck :):)

.... Once again it doesn't look as good as it did before I rinsed it.

That was so interesting to read Ginette. I found that I was actually pleased with my hair yesterday, but was due a rinse. Did so this morning, & it looks worse, quite oily! In fact, it's a real bad hair day, I can't believe I went to work looking so awful,and yet yesterday was really encouraging. I think it'll be OK tomorrow after some more brushing.

I think I have to adjust to the fact that now my hair will look worst just after "washing", and now at it's best just before. Which is vice versa to how it usually is. :?:lol:

I have no intention of stopping yet! :D

Same here...but it's much easier to do sharing the experience.

Linda, try to keep going. Perhaps rinse it in water more often ....I am trying to spend as much time rinsing it as I would with two shampoos and conditioner, so that I can be sure it has been thorough.

Yes, I do a shampoo mime, all the action but no shampoo!

Edited by Guest

You're right Sheila, it is really good to share the experience. For example, it's good to hear that we are both finding our hair worse for a while after rinsing. That tells me it is normal and I can cope with normal! I'm looking forward to an improvement tomorrow! :D

HELP!

I'm on day 9 and have just rinsed through my hair giving my scalp a good massage.

The grease is terrible, down to the bottom of my ears and I even tried using the hairdryer in the vain hope that it would dry some of the grease up :cry:

I'm going to have to wear my hair up tomorrow which is something I never normally do.

I really felt like giving it a really good going through with the vinegar but not only would have left none to do my bathroom with tomorrow, I also still feel that stripping the hair of the grease would upset the balance again and it would then take longer to settle down in the long run.

What do you think? Should I get the vinegar out or just wear it up for a few days and see what happens? :?

Exactly! So just feel good about yourself and get washing. Let's face it, no bloke is going to look at a girl with greasy matted hair. :wink: