Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Ah yes, those were the days. I had long hair, beard, Iron Maiden T-Shirt, stretch jeans.... and women swooning over me. Here we are almost 20 years later and everything has changed, apart from the swooning, of course. :wink:

Mel - you're being nice - what are you after? :?

Nothing

I'm always nice :D

I'm in a good mood

Its gone 5pm

I can stop pretending to work

Not long till I can crack out the wine

There is a rather scrummy lancashire hot pot in the oven

The chickens are happy

The doggles are happy

Alls right with the world :D

Ah yes, those were the days. I had long hair, beard, Iron Maiden T-Shirt, stretch jeans.... and women swooning over me. Here we are almost 20 years later and everything has changed, apart from the swooning, of course. :wink:

of course :roll:

(dont tell him that actually they're not swooning they're falling asleep) :wink:

Well, I'm happy to report that I'm on day 5, with just one plain water rinse midweek (another one tomorrow 8), I look forward to it! )

In my excitement at not finding it too bad, I had forgotten Happymamma, that maybe the worst time hits around 5 weeks. I was hoping that this week was the hardest to get through.

The best thing today is that I haven't even thought about it, so it must be OK at the moment.

Yesterday, I found that I was looking at everyone's hair...to see if they'd washed it too much, or not at all recently. :oops::lol:

2 months, Nicola! :shock: How do you survive that?

I am not sure yet Ginette I will just have to get on with it, he has worked away before but never this far away............. :cry:

Its not easy Nicola but after the first couple of weeks things do get easier as you get in your routine. Ian is Navy so you can imagine... And I'm one of the lucky ones, he doesnt go away often. keep smiling! :cry::lol:

Thanks Helen.............I will hang in there and like you say once i get into a routine I will be fine.

You washed your hair with shampoo oh helen what happened to will power come on you have to join in again............... :lol: I can't be the only one with a birds nest on top of my head I can't wait for week 5............. :roll:

I'm still in! It doesn't sound much of an effort so far but from washing my hair every day, I have managed to not wash with shampoo (just rinsed with water) for two days, and still showed my face in public today!! Normally not washing hair for two days and being seen like that would mean I am feeling very ill. :?

8) Great Linda, it must be harder if you're used to a daily wash. Helen, feeling great is far more important than joining in now. Do it when the time is right. You'll be able to see our ups & downs!

Hey everyone, remember, we're not giving up washing. It's yuk when you see people who haven't washed their hair at all. It's only the unnecessary products we're abandoning; using water means we'll still be clean!

This is the 1st time in my life that I don't have tangles!

Just look a bit dull & lifeless. :P

Day 5 & I'm going out to a Mum's evening, and they're all younger than me. I usually would wash hair & hope that it deflects attention from ugly face & body. :lol:

Oh blow it, I'll wear purple! :P

I usually would wash hair & hope that it deflects attention from ugly face & body.

I don't think so!!!!! if the gallery pics are anything to go by. You're also doing special things with your life (AND enhancing other peoples') , so remember that and have a lovely evening. :P

:D Thanks Linda, but it's a Painting Pots evening. :roll: It's probably the 2nd least hobby I would like to do in the whole world. We have to pay for a wretched pot & make it more wretched painting it. :twisted:

Honestly, mine would look like the sort a Playgroup mum would be proud of if her child did it....

But, I made myself go, just for the social side...it's easy to become distant.

I was tempted to say...can I come but not paint a pot?

Would that have been rude? :lol::wink:

Wonder if I could paint a chicken?

Er, off topic, but I posted about the hair above! :D

Paying for it adds insult to injury doesn't it?! :? Remember art is subjective and as such there are no rights or wrongs 8) so let your creative juices flow and feel grateful you are not being expected to indulge in your worst possible hobby :? (Maybe you could let us know what that is in another thread...)

Thanks for the hair support. Will update tomorrow.

Sheila, you are just so lovely. :) You always find something kind and supportive to say. I hope you have a lovely evening and will be pleased you went! :D

Have great evening Sheila! You're such a ray of sunshine and common sense, I look forward to your comments.

Nicola, I hate to say that I don't mind in the least being on my own. I have got to be very self-sufficient and can do most DIY stuff. Phil gets very frustrated when he comes to mine intending to help out to find that it's all done except for the very heavy stuff that I can't lift :roll: . I don't mind when he goes away, but then I love having him around (albeit in his own house); I am very tactile and love the hugs :roll::wink:

Clare, I'm just like that too - very independent and I do really enjoy having time and space to myself at regular intervals. :D I also think it's a good example to set to daughters that they are able to do things for themselves. 8)

Staying on topic, how is Rosie's hair?

Her hair is going well thanks Linda. She is with her Dad this weekend, so I just hope that he and she remember not to use shampoo.

What do you think we should do about rinsing out chlorine? She loves swimming, but I am worried about not being able to rinse it all out. I must say that her hair is very glossy, and is easier (quicker) to dry. Not had to resource to vinegar yet, but she's not got adult oils at this age.

I am glad that you understand about being independent; whil eit's nice to have help sometimes, I do treasure it. Lesley and Kooringa had similar experiences and their children are great, Lesley's son can even cook!

I'm at that stage where I can only think about shampoo...I'm craving it more than chocolate :shock: , it's ridiculous!

I'm getting to that stage now, Sheila!! I'm on day 7 I think and washed my hair this morning with vinegar and warm water but my eyes were on the bottle of shampoo on the shelf and the shampoo bar on the rack all the time as I did it :roll: ! Very nearly gave in - very, very nearly but still hanging on in there!

Did any of you watch "The 1900s House" a few years back? The poor woman couldn't wash her hair and was absolutely desperate about it to the point where they bought some modern shampoo and decanted it into the Victorian bottles in the bathroom. At the time, I couldn't understand how desperate she felt but today, I think I could get pretty close!!

My hair doesn't look too bad at all. It's staying put where I want it to and it looks thick and even shines a bit but it feels very odd and I've now got the smell of vinegar up my nose so am convinced I smell like a chip shop again :lol: !!

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Sorry all, but I caved in today too. Hubby's due back and I was peering at myself in the mirror this morning, looking at my hair and trying to decide if it really looked as bad I thought it looked when daughter walked past and watched me. She then said something along the lines of "I hope you're going to wash your hair today..... you always tell me what to do, so now I'm telling you, but your hair has been looking manky for days now, and it's totally gross today :shock: " I told her that I'd been trying to go as long as I could without washing it because I didn't think that washing it as often as I usually do is good for it...... the wisdom of youth retorted that I'd pushed the experiment too far :shock:

So, I was shamed into it..... but I had hit the point where I was ready to cave in anyway. I agree with all the theories underlying not washing hair and maybe I'll try it again sometime, but this morning it's washed, styled, feels great, lighy and bouncy and is looking clean and glossy again :D

Sorry to let the side down though :roll: Good luck to the rest of you, I hope you're all stronger willed than me, I'll be reading about your progress with huge interest.

I hope that yesterday evening went OK Sheila. I sometimes find that it's the events that I've been dreading that turn out to be the best......... maybe it turned out to be better than expected....... or not :?

I do hope you painted a chicken on your mug :wink: