Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Is that only once you have used the vinegar Nicola? I wonder what will happen when you use it again? Please let us know!

PurpleHen is right - you are our shining example and if you stop, we'll all fall down like a pack of cards!

It is OK girls my hair feels much better now that I have rinsed it again with warm water and just a little bit of vinegar..............My scalp has really calmed down and the flakiness has nearly stopped so it must be all the products i was using that caused my itchy dry scalp..............I will be sticking with it because now it has dried it has so much more body and curl I am very pleased so far..................Sorry about my shaky moment I think I just need to rinse it more often, so keep it up everybody else...................... :lol:

Does your hair smell ok Nicola?

That's one thing I would be paranoid about.

I have more or less decided that when I have worked my way through my stash of shampoo and conditioner, I will give it a try. Don't know how long I will last though, as I have to be smart for work and if my hair's not right, then the whole thing doesn't work - how vain does that sound? I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'm with you Clare - not vain at all. I work really closely with my students and I've been on the receiving end of smelly, greasy hair before and it isn't nice. If you can have some time to get going away from work, while your hair settles down, I think that would be a better solution. Maybe your holiday?

I thought about doing it on holiday, but then remembered that I used this protective oil in my hair on hols to stop the sun fading the colour (and to slick it back). I doubt that I'd wash that out with just water :roll:

Not sure what to do about that sort of oil - like when you've had a massage..... any ideas peeps?

8):D:D

Well done, Nicola & Purplehen, & anyone else giving it a go. My hair looks yuk today, I think it's day 3, but in the morning I'm going to just use water if I can, it may be the turning point!

Clare, presumably if you did this, then you will have natural oil on your hair (not having washed it out with shampoo) & may not need the extra oil?

I'm just at the stage where I can't remember why I'm doing it :?

If it's money, it makes no sense to buy expensive detangler. Perhaps if I keep brushing my greasy hair I'll get the comb through.

I'm at that stage where I can only think about shampoo...I'm craving it more than chocolate :shock: , it's ridiculous!

But, I think Nicola is right about the rinsing. It's easy to forget, we can look forward to warm water on it, it's not like being stuck with dirty hair & no hot water. So, I'll report back in the morning. But, no photo!

I'm going out Fri & Sat so will have to stay strong. I guess these early days are the worst.

I'd hate to look unkempt at work (or anywhere) too, so it might be a paper bag by tomorrow.

My hair doesn't smell of anything..................I am using just a small amount of vinegar and warm water to rinse my hair with, I gave it a really good rinse this morning in the shower and it feels and smells fine I am going out tonight and tomorrow and my hair doesn't look a mess, I will post pics. soon.................... :D

Don't give up Sheila! Take heart from Nicola's experience and have some confidence that the vinegar and water will do the job adequately. Sending lots of will power and courage your way! Due to NOT do mine on Friday! Then I'll be properly joining in. :D

Ok. Happymama, are you out there?

I didnt wash my hair today. I do it every day normally. Its short and very fine and very black (well, with a certain amount of natural white highlighting!).

Now my head it itching like a good'un and it looks awful. Will 200mls vinegar in hot water do the trick and make it look and feel cleaner tomorrow? because if not I will have to shampoo it. Also, I'm swimming tomorrow and it will be terrible to style if it still feels like this.

Help!

*sings* all I want for Christmas is a working brain, a working brain, a working brain...

What can I say? *whispers* at least all the people I've offended won't know its me. I'm in a bit of one this evening so it might be better for me to log off. I'll only offend someone. :cry:

Helen

I also only washed my hair only with water this morning, my head was also really itchy but as the days gone on it feels a bit better. Although now you've mentioned it i'am scratching again :!: .Tomorrow iam going for just hot water, iam saving the vinegar until iam desperate. Todays day 5 and itfeels not too bad, fingers crossed and lets hope the next 11 weeks fly by and we dont bump to anyone to important or to hansome :lol:

Anne

ps hubbys in as well so at least we'll be greasy together.

:D Popped back for inspiration :D thanks everyone, it'll be fun trying together, Ginette. Helen, only keep up if it feels OK...you've got enough on your plate thinking about little peeps, I don't suppose you have a moment to think about yourself just now. It's important to feel good about yourself when you're busy with baby & all. I can afford for people to think I look a bit more dragged thru' hedge backwards than usual, it will just go with the mad chickenwoman image. :wink:

Anne, I'm saving the vinegar for only occasional use too. I'm glad Rosie is joining in too, Clare. :D

My hair is feeling dirty today. :oops::cry: I would usually make it wait until tomorrow so that it stays clean over the weekend (Being a stay-at-home mum, it is easier to wash hair and shower during the daytime when everyone is out!) But, my thinking is that I shouldn't let it get too dirty or the vinegar may not work. So I will do it today and then maybe again on Sunday. Fingers crossed! :?

OH said last night that his hair was starting to feel a bit itchy. (No shampoo since Sunday). So this morning he put a bit of vinegar on it and is delighted with the results. This will be so good for him - he suffered terribly with a flaky scalp and uses medicated shampoo to counteract this. When I first knew him, he had blephoritis (inflammation of the eyelids) and had no eyelashes. He is also allergic to sticking plasters and his father had very sensitive skin. This will help him so much! :D