Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

BACK ON THREAD!:

Well girls, you've all certainly begun! Listen, I DID say the WORST days would be around weeks 5 - 8, so I DO mean it. And no, short hair should recover faster than long, as the oils don't have to work so hard to moisturise the hair. But don't forget, we're not supposed to have short hair, so your preening mechanism might not settle down for longer, I just don't know, you're the guinea pigs. I've long and very thick hair.

Do rinse your vinegar out properly, and yes, white vinegar is just acetic acid without the yeasty flavour of brewed dark vinegar.

Static - this method should defo produce LESS, so if you're getting it you need to change your hairbrush to a non-static one.

To be honest, at it's worst, I felt like my hair was STUCK to my head, honestly, I did, but I dug in and now it's fab, I've not rinsed it since Monday and it's perfectly well behaved and NOT smelly. It's only had two rinses since my highlights and horribly stripping shampoo at the hairdresser (yeuch!) but it's recovering already, and no greasiness! Just a nice, slow process. Now my scalp's used to not having to panic every time I shampoo it!

\Remember to massage your scalps well with the pads of your fingers under the shower, or better still in a bucket of warm water or the bath, so the water soaks it properly, at the end. This will dislodge all the dead skin cells on your scalp - you have millions every day shedding all over the house as housedust, why should the top of your head be different?

Stick with it, girls.

I guess if you left the vinegar sitting there for yonks and yonks it might (or if you had brass / gold coated taps / waste) but I use it for getting rid of limescale anyway and its certainly less likely to do damage than any nasty chemicals :D

I'll have to call you "limescale head Mel" from now on then. How does anyone get limescale on their head? Have you been looking for the blue goldfish too much Mel? :wink:

I guess if you left the vinegar sitting there ON THE SINK SILLY for yonks and yonks it might (or if you had brass / gold coated taps / waste) but I use it for getting rid of limescale anyway and its certainly less likely to do damage than any nasty chemicals :D

I'll have to call you "limescale head Mel" from now on then. How does anyone get limescale on their head? Have you been looking for the blue goldfish too much Mel? :wink:

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

and you ask when are you rude :roll: