Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Okay peeps we have just had our annual Princess Anne visit and I had to demonstrate some work procedures so I had to wash my hair this morning :lol:

She even shook hands with no gloves on this time :shock:

I have Sarahjo's brother and the rest of the Lothian and Borders dog team hiding out in the woods round the site but I didn't get to meet him so can't confirm whether all Simons have pert bottoms :lol:

Just to explain we are part charity funded and she is the Patron for the charity so we get to see her a couple of times a year but I can't say in advance for security reasons 8)

I am sitting at my desk like this :oops:

If your brother shows up Sarah I will be so mortified :lol:

I'll probably get a row for letting on she was here but never mind I think the flash car with the Royal Standard fluttering on the front is a bit of a givaway :wink:

:lol::lol: Louise has fab hair, so I do hope that you do join in. Glad you've had an interesting day, but you should have suggested this to Princess Anne, it would really benefit her long hair!

After the yuk moring yesterday, straight after rinsing, it has settled down again. I think the condition looks far better than usual, it really does work.

The only thing is it looks a bit bland, darker than usual, as you say Anne. Stay with it Anne, Ginette, COAM & I are still going, let's stick together.

Did I really say stick? :roll:

I think it's probably less noticeable when you've got long hair and can tie it back.

I've been thinking about this and I'm sure it is right. With short hair, there isn't much you can do to hide the close-fitting effect. If you can manage a ponytail, it looks fine as your hair is then meant to look very neat and tidy.

I'm still going strong, no hesitations at all! :D

I was so pleased yesterday that I thought I would post a picture, but then the grease arrived! :shock:

I'm not sure I have a good 'before', but I just might post a 'now' picture to show you how all right my hair looks. I suppose a weekly submission would chart progress quite well. :?

Ok girls, sorry i've been out all day, my hair did look truely terrible this morning but i'am going to try really hard to stick with it. This morrning gave the front i good rub with the oatmeal, tied it back then rushed out. At about four this afternoon showed Alyssa, got the thumbs up, "looks much more like my old hair " :) . Iam concered as i like my hair colour and i don't want it to go too dark. I'am rather fond of my stripey ginger, blond, brown and grey bits look :)

Wow! Our first oatmeal experience! :D Really pleased to hear it went well.

Tell me, please, is oatmeal the same as porridge oats? :oops::oops::oops: Or do I have to buy it in a health food shop?

Update: My hair is becoming less greasy (36 hours after washing) and feels really comfortable. OH is now on day 9 and can't detect any difference in not using shampoo. He rinses every morning and has used a bit of vinegar once. His hair is only about a centimetre long though!

Oatmeal is really small - more like couscous than rolled oats. You can get it in all sorts of shops including supermarkets. I think it would be in the same section as rolled oats for cooking, but not the breakfast section - but there again it might be - just ask at those customer service points they all seem to have now.

I'm on Day 9 now and feeling quite dirty. :shock: No time to rinse it today though and I'm hoping as I'm so busy today, I won't notice the feeling! Tomorrow I will do a vinegar rinse - looking forward to that! :)

It must have been about day 10 that Nicola gave up and I understand why! How are you Nicola?

I don't think our hair will look brilliant for the next 3 months, just hoping it won't look TOO bad. It'll be worth it in the end! :D

I don't think our hair will look brilliant for the next 3 months, just hoping it won't look TOO bad. It'll be worth it in the end! :D

:D How funny, Ginette, that is exactly what I was thinking today. Mine's OK...but never more than OK & sometimes worse than OK. Now, see if you can follow this! On a bad day, the long bit is in better condition than usual, but dull looking. On a good day, my hair looks how it did on a "not too bad but I'll wash it before I go out" sort of day!

I'm fine about it, and find that I don't even think about it for most of the day, I don't feel as if it's dirty or yuk, as I would if it was completely unwashed.

Bought some oatmeal, hope it works for you Linda, keep going! Trouble was, I asked the man on the market healthfood stall for some, and he said, did I want pin head or medium? When I didn't know, he said "Well, what's it for?" :oops::oops: ..which had me flustered! I didn't tell him, but bought the medium.

I'm still worried about it getting stuck in my hair, I don't think I'll use it yet!

What I miss, is having a just washed look. It only ever looks OK or not quite OK. But, my hair is in much better condition, and I'm really interested to see what happens long term.

Clare, I'm sure using shampoo less frequently is an improvement...without the yuk! :lol: Lack lustre is an apt expression. :D

Absolutely "Ooops, word censored!"ody has looked at me & asked if I'm OK, which I think they would if I was looking really terrible. It's obviously only a bit terrible.

Interesting to hear your points of view Sheila.

I am due for my 2nd rinse-only tonight, and my hair feels smoother and holds its style better, it looks OK, just a bit drab. Now that I am dark red, the colour usually glows.

Rosie is reluctant to go back to shampoo, and if it looks ok, I will just continue with rinsing it.

I must say that I felt liberated when I could just rinse my hair under the shower rather than using all the usual gunk. Phil hasn't commented, so it must be ok

Sheila, it is so good to hear from you as our experiences seem to be quite similar, which is reassuring! I agree entirely with your 'due a wash today' look or 'due a wash pretty soon look' at best. I couldn't find oatmeal but I'm going to try vinegar tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit itchy today. :shock:

I'm not tempted to stop though! :D No time anyway, I am just SO rushed off my feet! :cry:

I'm sorry, I gave in this morning and used some baby shampoo :cry:

I didn't use conditioner and only shapooed once and my hair is the best it has ever looked.

I'm going to go for as long as I can again and maybe just go for the occasional wash.

Sorry have to go, my little girls isn't well (hense I haven't been on here for a wee while) and has just woken up :(

:( Oh, never mind the hairwashing, I hope little one is better soon.

It's been a good thing to try, hasn't it? I think you were a day ahead of me, so I hope I don't start tomorrow!

I was just thinking today, post experiment, and for rest of family, I may decant baby shampoo into a family bottle & hope everyone uses it. Doesn't it smell lovely.

Hold on, I can't start sniffing shampoo! I'm supposed to have rinsed my hair tonight...it doesn't look too bad, and will look worse after, but I would think it is dirty by now, so I'll have to. But it's a bit late, considering how long it will take to dry.

But, if I leave it until morning, it will have the just washed yuk look all day. I chose tonight thinking a few hours head :roll: start would help. Mmm...not many hours left, I was watching TV. :roll:

Will report tomorrow eve. hopfully. :D