Happymama

Right Girls - Hair washing and not doing it with shampoo

Don't feel bad Kate - you neeeded to take that course of action today. As you feel so much better, I'd say it was the right thing for you to do right now. The time is just not right for you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend with a weight(or should that be greasy hair :? ) off your shoulders. :lol:

Aren't daughters wonderful for your confidence sometimes!!!!!!! :?:roll:

I am sorry girls I have washed mine with shampoo today as well...............I went out shopping with Emily and my hair felt so grotty, I kept looking at other peoples and every mirror i passed I looked in and realised it looked so tatty I came home and I was only going to rinse it...........But I caved in and used shampoo. I have to say the water was black and my hair does feel and smell clean now.........Sorry everyone....Please forgive me..... :lol:

Well,I think you have all done brilliantly for lasting as long as you have.

I am sure I could not do it,so hats off to you (or maybe not :lol: ?)

I must admit to a small pang of guilt as I rubbed the old Frizz Ease into my hair this morning,& I did think of you all doing this together.

So,I think that even if you have used shampoo you should be very proud of what you acheived......you are better women than I !!!

I would have caved in today but I've had a bit of a success! Normally my hair's not quite long enough to go up in a pony tail - it really is only just collar length with annoyingly short side pieces but it's gone up today! No annoying wispy bits falling out of the clips and no slide out scrunchy so it must be the non-squeaky clean hair that's doing it! Today, I look tidy! I'm going to see if I can hold out until tomorrow without reaching for the shampoo!

Nicola and Kate, you gave it a jolly good try, both of you and if you managed to hang on as long as you could, that's great. I think I'll be joining you with the shampoo bottle in the next day or two because I'm sure LSH will complain anytime soon!! Well done for hanging on in there.

So who's left?

Sheila? Me?

I must say this isn't very encouraging, but I'm going to press on for the moment. I haven't got as far as Nicola had. :?:)

:shock: Agggghhhhh....I somehow felt OK going around with disgusting, lanky hair, knowing that Nicola was further ahead. But, I do understand Nicola, and I'll say again, it's no good anyone doing it if they start feeling bad with yuk hair. So, same to you, Kate A. (I'm going to start a new topic re Painting Pots, so I don't ramble off topic here... :P:wink: )

Luckily, I'm still feeling OK today, any weird looks will be like water off a ducks back to me. Come to think of it, that's an apt expression looking at my well lubricated hair! It's gone incredibly smooth..as if I put too much conditioner or setting stuff on I suppose. As it's usually quite flyaway, with sticking out split ends, it might even be an improvement that it's all stuck together. :shock: It's incredibly windy in market today, yet my hair didn't blow in my face once. Immovable hair! :P

So, it looks very different...I'm expecting LSH to say "have you done something different" soon. Well, might be a while, thinking about it, before he notices. :lol: So, I'm not letting on.

I'll await E.D's comments if she comes home next w/e (you see, I envisage carrying on!) but I think I mentioned about the theory to her. Doh, she'll notice straightaway. Your daughter's words reminded me of someone KateA, how familiar! So, that will be the real test.

So, Ginette, SuperKate and me, and we all started together......is Purplehen still in? Anyone else?

I'm not tying mine back and I can't believe how tanglefree it is. 8)

Those of you who have caved in - I do understand. The really sticky time doesn't last much longer than a week, but that's really sticky. Apparently, research tells me that most people cave around the 4 week point, so that would seem to be the worst time for the majority. I think 5 weeks gives you all a nice date to work towards

Rinse rinse rinse. Do it every day if you need to. The vinegar does strip a bit of the oil off, but the ensuing feeling of freshness is worth much more than the extra 10 minutes your hair will be oiler! The stuff coming out of your head to rescue your hair is quite gooey and thick. The scalp won't mind the vinegar, as you only put 200 or so mls into a litre of warm water (or I did). It's not a strong solution. And no, it won't damage your sink. Probably clean it a bit and ungoo the odd blocked plughole.

Chlorine - I used to shampoo after I'd been swimming and my hair would STILL smell of it, so I wouldn't worry, but vinegar will counteract the alkalinity of the chlorine (it's bleach!) nicely so what's left on shouldn't do any more damage to the hair, as it'll be neutralised.

I only washed twice a week at the worst, but if I had to do it again I would wash more often, for sure. Point to note, girls: you'll never have to do THIS again. I've just had highlights, and apart from my hair looking horribly dry for the last two weeks, my scalp oil production has not increased one jot, it's just taking it's time. After nearly 3 weeks my hair is looking less terrified and more glossy.

I used to have frizzy hair too, and now it's beautifully well behaved. I've even had shaved layers put into it, and they lie flat no problem at all.

You'll probably all notice (if you complete this challenge) that you have completely different hair. You might even consider a change of style, esp. if it becomes more manageable than you're used to.

Keep it up, you intrepid adventuresses. You CAN do it!

Nicola H - you're hair has had the best moisturising treat you could give it, and it's FREE! Something to consider doing every couple of months, perhaps? I bet your hair does still feel better than it used to do, even overcleaned!

Thank you HappyMama for addressing all our 'sticking' points :!::shock: You are so encouraging.

I'm on Day 5 and haven't thought about my hair all day. I'm definitely not tempted to shampoo yet and won't be rinsing until Monday :D Don't give up Kate!

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one that gave up.... and I do feel better for giving in and reaching for the shampoo bottle.

But I'm so proud of those of you who've continued. It's quite amazingly tough, and vanity and the need to look good and feel good were overpowering for me, especially in the light of daughters rather harsh comments :shock: I'm just weak-willed and vain... you can all do it, and then you're all going to inspire me with confidence that it's possible to succeeed, and keep smiling throughout :wink:

We're still in, both of us rinse every day with just warm water, haven't needed the vinegar yet. My hair is fine :!: when i wash it, it doesn't tangle and brushes through really easily. I don't think it smells :?: , i can't get my daughter to sniff it, she thinks i'm gross. I think we're on day 8/9, those that are still in keep up the good work :) , i do find Nicolas "black" hair :shock: ing and it makes me feel nervous about carrying on.

I'm still in! It doesn't sound very impressive to be on day 4 but it's such a leap from washing every day. I have in effect missed 3 washings (could be 3 weeks for those lucky enough to only have to do it once a week). My hair definitely does feel different, very soft, a bit oily, but my previously itchy scalp feels miles better. I have been rinsing every day in warm water and I intend to keep it up now I have come this far.

I was a bit concerned tonight as it was my daughter's birthday party and I had not met some of the parents of her guests before. I didn't want to look too awful and I can honestly say my hair really didn't look that bad and seems to be behaving quite well. :D

Are we going to post pics of our progress? we should have before and after shots. 8)

:D Anne & Linda, I'm glad there are several of us sticking together. :P

It must be much harder for peeps who were used to daily shampoo. I really do notice a benefit in having oiled the matted clump of dry hair below shoulders. My hair will look very different, and it certainly feels it.

So, 5 of us, plus Rosie & other family members. Any others.

OK everyone, ignore all thoughts of black water :shock::lol: and hide the bottles.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I fell off the wagon this morning :oops: . I didn't mean to but I was rinsing my hair and this nice shampoo bar kept whispering to me and seduced me and I succumbed :oops: . Poor LSH has been saying for days that my hair looks dull and that I smelt of vinegar despite what I though was a good rinsing so I'm really sorry ladies, but I have shampooed hair today :oops: . What this has taught me is that I don't need to shampoo it nearly as often as I have been - sometimes every day, most of the time every other day. It CAN go longer with just rinsing rathat than going the whole hog.

For those of you who are still persevering, good luck. Put the shampoo bottles and shampoo bars out of sight so they can't whisper sweet nothings to you and seduce you too!