Mel (& Paul)

Its not easy being green

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually that (and other programmes) have really got me and (& Paul) thinking - I now realise that as much as we want the good life a la Lesley we do not have the strength to raise our own "dinners" and that if we were to increase our livestock they would all become pets and we would end up buying the meat from the local market :roll: Oh well, at least we know :roll: (still wish there were more half naked young men around though :wink: )

I missed the second half of this weeks, some uninvited guests popped round :evil::evil:

I was sure it was repeated at some point, but I can't find it on the tv listings - ah, well! Never mind!

Did Mrs Moustachey Man eat the pig, or did she continue to refuse?

RE: its not easy being green

Firstly the fella's - not bad but could do better (he's got a beard girls :shock: and whats with the long hair, get with it!) He's got an old A35 car though and thats cool cos Joe has one too (called Emily) :!:

secondly and more importantly the issues the programme raised.

We bought both books (the INEBG and the green audit one) and have changed quite a lot of things (there's old one litre tonic bottles in the loo cistern's for a start!) :lol:

It's thanks to INEBG that we have the chickens, all just by reading the book, and ten minutes later on the website and then hitting confirm!!

(they were NOT an impulse purchase I assure you- that was yesterday :P:roll::P )

We're really looking for a new home too with lots of room so that we can re-home rescue hens and keep a few animals and joe has really started to consider vegetarianism (I've compromised and we'll have 3 veggie meals a week instead of the 1 that we usually had)

We emailed Dick Strawbridge about the BioDiesel thing too, as he runs courses in how to do it so one of the cars is going to make room for an oil burner :lol:8):lol: Free chip fat as another pharmacist Joe knows owns a chip shop! cheap fuel coming our way!!

Nearly everything that we dispose of is recycled so that we barely have a bin full each week (only usually gets changed cos of bin day or it smells :shock: ) - but it has made us more aware of what we buy in the first place.

All in all, our lives have been changed quite considerably, for the better mind you!

plus, we get eggs every day too!! :D:D:D

A

Lesley it is Dick's mustache that is irritating me I just want to give it a trim, I bet he has all sorts living in it.................. :lol::lol:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Yuck!

I quite like his 'tache, actually!

you can watch short clips of all the episodes there...

I can't understand why - with the digital resources at their fingertips, the BBC can't offer a series like this "on demand" over the net... it wouldn't be that hard to do...

Phil