One Man Banned

Not your average Sunday evening....

Well it's cold out there this evening, and Gloucester city centre is a little busier than normal tonight and the next few evenings too.

I've been out with Anita trying to get a glimpse of the elusive Tardis and the gorgeous David Tennant, while they're filming the Christmas Special episode of Dr. Who.

We did get to see him and got nice and close to the Tardis too, although he didn't come over and see the 20-30 or so who were all watching patiently.

Will try to post my rather grainy mobile pic shots tomorrow.

A

xx

Wow - I love it when I see filming & would have loved to have seen David Tennant 8)

They were filming the new Bond film a mile down the road from me last week,but I didn't find out about it until they had all packed up & gone :roll:

Amy Winehouse was there too,staying at Mark Ronsons place in town,& soaking up the atmosphere for her Bond theme tune (& a fair bit of booze in the local too)

Edited by Guest

They filmed some of the Harry Potter stuff here and I didn't have a clue until well later... :roll: I tend to live in my own kids-pets world most of the time, only emerging once in a blue moon to go 'Oooooh... when did this happen?'

Can't wait to see the pictures - after swearing I would never watch Doctor Who again when Christopher Eccleston left, I'm now a total DT convert... :oops:

I used to see lots of Morse when I lived in Oxford and one fairly memorable morning about 07.30 walking up the road to work and coming the other way was Kevin Whately in a hideous pair of Bermuda shorts :shock:

It was the early 90's :lol:

I was also there for some of the filming of the film that was set around the boat race was it called Oxford Blue or something :?

They filmed a section in the covered market and were right outside my ex's shop and we were all used as extras no payment but good fun 8)

They are very grainy but here are some photo's I got last night. As they're filming for the next couple of nights I'll be there again tonight to see if I can get some better pictures with my proper camera

The Tardis. Where I was stood to take this was covered in snow 30mins later, and the Doctor chases someone down the alley to the left of the Tardis and along where this pic was taken.

DSC00024.jpg

The Tardis was moved, as were the vans and lots of crew stood around to block the view :roll:1-7.jpg

Somewhere in that group of people is DT walking back after a take. You can just make out some extra's in victorian costume :D

DSC00029.jpg

This guy had a heavy backpack that would spray snow during filming. They got him set up then called him off for a while to get on with other things.

DSC00033.jpg

And getting ready for another take :lol:

2-6.jpg

All this lot took about two hours to set up and go through, stopping for a moment when a police siren sounded or a train went by.

The actual footage is about 5 seconds of the Doctor chasing some lady.

We were wandering round and saw a bus load of extras going into the cathedral to shoot a terror scene, just as soon as the production people were happy that the residents had all been advised it was going to happen :lol:

We've found DT's trailer too - found a gaping gap in the trees right by the trailers so may try and knock on his door later - as long as security don't block the entrance ;)

A

xx

Oh wow

I'm really jealous

(faints at the thought of seeing DT in real life)

btw on the filming note. Springwatch this time is being based in Pensthorpe near me. Theplaygroup has contacted them to see if they can be involved with the kids springwatch. fingers crossed.

Hello All!

Nightmare day - leaving a mobile these days is like leaving an arm behind :roll:

Just in the car on the laptop before going home now tho and was going to update the thread at lunchtime but had an appointment.

They closed the sets yesterday so you couldn't get anywhere near the filming - there were about 100 people milling around trying to see tho - I did get a couple of pictures of a horse and some extra's kindly posed for me to take a pic - I haven't got them off the camera yet so don't know how good they have come out :?

I'm off to Salsa tonight but will be out by 11pm so will wander over to the set and see if we can get anything today. They even had the Tardis under tarpaulin sheets to stop people taking pics of it :(

A

xx