xChicken04x

News for you all....

Nylabone do great puppy chews - they're not the cheapest, but pups really seem to like them. They do two ranges for adult dogs too - hard ones for hardcore chewers and a softer one for wimps! My dog loves them - the only artificial (ie not rawhide!) chews he will play with. Pups also seem to like chewing on those toys that are basically a chunky piece of knotted rope - I think it soothes their gums.

Hi all, once again sorry for the lack of updates :oops:.

Little Zara has been keeping me busy.

Well, she got her first jab on Monday, she was absolutely fine :D. She loved the car journey, and got so excited when she saw other dogs out the window :roll:. She was desperate to go and play with them.

When we arrived we where in straight away. She didn't even flinch when she had her injection :shock:. Just continued to chew my arm :roll:. I thought she would be quite unwell and tired afterwards, but she was fine, wasn't at all tired or uncomfortable :D.

She is still doing really well with her training, she is currently learning 'heal' but has also learned 'paw' which is adorable. She is such a clever little girl.

She is having her next jab in 3 weeks and then we can go out for walks, which I'm looking forward to doing. I was slightly disappointed in the fact we couldn't go for mini walks around the road after her first jab, which is what many books have told me. In the mean time we can go out in the car.

I do have pictures, but can post them, just the links to them as photobucket really isn't co-operating with me :roll:. So if you can be bothered going through all the links, here they are :D.

First day:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara007.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara004.jpg

Why sleep like that :shock:.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara009.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara001.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara014.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/Zara013.jpg

She is such a lazy little madam, she is always sleeping :roll:. She looks a bit different now, she has one ear up and one ear down :lol:.

x x x

we had a GSD when I was a child, he was being ill treated by a friend of the family (dad wouldn never tell us wwhat he witnessed them do to Max but it wasn't nice) and my dad wouldn't let him have the dog back... dad in the end gave the man the jewellery he was wearing in exchange for dog.

Max (dog) was a loving companion for our family for many years. He/Dad were trained to understand each other and Max was basically trained to Police dog standard, he was awesome!

So pleased Dad saved him like he did, although it showed how much my dad was adamant he wasn't giving that dog back, becuase he loved those rings he was wearing. :?

Lovely pictures. They are so cute when they are innocent little puppies.

You might want to put those slippers away (in the last photo) before she takes a shine to them. :D I have many a shoe with bits missing. :roll:

Very cute pics!

Agree about the shoes - luckily Jasper (ESS) doesn't chew anymore, he just runs round the house picking up shoes when he gets excited. It's rare to find a pair of shoes together in our house.

Chelsea - Jasper's dad is Bracken and his gran is Fern - his great gran is called Heather. Great names.

Hi Guys, just a little update on Zara's progress. She is now about 7 months old now and doing great. She is in season at the moment, she was bucked in to the vets on the 17th Nov to get spayed but came into season two days before :roll:. She has coped fine though. The only down side is that she hasn't been able to run off lead on her walks because of the amount of other dogs. She has been going to the shore at about 7:00am in the dark, with me and a torch, that is the only time she can run off lead because there is no-one around.

Other than that, she is the most amazing dog I could ever ask for. She is astonishingly loyal and protective, I had no idea she would love me as much as I love her. She is absolutely fantastic and will either be your best friend or your worst enemy depending on how you with me.

One example, our neighbours are having problems with their drainage (sewage backing up into their garden :vom:) One of the workers trying to fix it knocked on my door. Zara always comes with me to see who it is, I opened the door and I told Zara "It's Ok" so she knew I'm Ok with whoever is at the door. The man started off very nice, stroked Zara and spoke to me politely. Zara just sat patiently next to me. The man asked me why he had been called out of a "very important" job to come and fix the drains, only for him to dig the road up and find it had already been fixed by another company. Of course I have no idea as it isn't my problem. He started to get angry and put his arm on my door so I couldn't close it. As soon as he started to get angry Zara looked at me and waited for me to say "it's Ok" but I didn't. She stood up and growled as a warning. The man reached out to stroke her and said "it's Ok" (in a high voice, trying to sound like me :evil:), but she wasn't having any of it. As he reached out she really barked and launched forward, so I grabbed her collar. He scuttled off quickly down the road and didn't come back. She must of sensed I was intimidated by him because her got too close to me and wouldn't let close the door, which in my opinion is disgraceful.

She will be the sweetest dog in the world on my say-so, but as I said will be your worst enemy if I'm not happy. I have never trained her to be like that, she just has typical German Shepherd instincts.

She is so inteligent too, I swear she understands everything I say!

Here are some pictures for you all:

zara7months052.jpg

zara7months046.jpg

zara7months045.jpg

Sorry their not particularly interesting. Here is a video too, I HATE my voice in it (especially when I say 'good girl' :oops:), I sound like a little girl, so apologies, it's not that bad in real life, it's just the camera :roll:.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk307/Zaring_Lady/?action=view&current=zara7months056.flv

Oh and apologies for me laughing in the background, as some of you may know I have been (quite seriously) unwell for the last couple of years and this little dog has done what no-one else has been able the do, make me laugh and smile.

she's absolutely gorgeous and the spitting image of my Bracken. :D

German Shepherds are extremely intelligent and I believe Bracken understands everything I say aswell :lol: , they are also very protective of their pack (you) so she probably knew immediately when something wasnt right when that bloke was at the door. Not only are they excellent loyal pets they are good at guarding too! :clap:

She looks like she's coming on leaps and bounds, lovely teeth too :D

I agree also that dogs are a great healer/tonic, after a stressful day at work I relax very quickly at home with Bracken.....she's always making me smile.

Keep us posted, love hearing and seeing her progress.

ps- they have the most gorgeous expressive eyes dont they?