Karen & co.

We've lost Fudge.

Just popped in to update my profile, as we lost our rabbit Fudge yesterday, and it seems so final taking his name off the list :(

He was ill in february and picked up after the vet said he probably wouldn't, so when he went 'off' suddenly wednesday night, this time there was nothing the vet could do :cry:

He was Christophers' rabbit, and bless him he's devastated.

Karen x

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Fudge. Poor Christopher :(:(:( , I can quite understand the poor little lad being devastated.

I know what you mean about removing names off the profile... it took me ages to take Onion off my profile, somehow it does seem very final.

Do you think you'll get another rabbit?

I'm not sure about replacing Fudge with a new rabbit, but I did wonder about seeing if we have a rabbit rescue locally?

I think Christopher may eventually want to replace him, I'll just wait and see.

We have a lot of birds in the garden and one of the robbins used to nip into his cage and take bits of food, so Christopher is now worried about the robbin missing Fudge too!

Karen x

Very sorry to hear this Karen. Give Christopher a big hug. I remember loosing my first rabbit. It was devastating! :cry:

A rescued bunny sounds like a wonderful idea. And it would be lovely if Christopher could continue to put out some food his robin friend. Such lovely birds!

Best wishes.

Bad news that. Weve lost a couple of rabbits, one with fly strike, and another through a gald (spelling?) stone. When i took Flopsy to the vets i couldnt believe it when he turned him over to reveal the damage the flies had done, i didnt know much about it at the time (first rabbit), i felt like i had let him down, when the vet rang me next day to say that they couldnt save him, i sat at work with tears rolling down my face and at the time i was 28. When we lost Twinkle to the gald stone, again the vet rang and said they could do nothing for her, i was trully devestated, like losing a member of the family. I was walking through town with my mobile to my head and tears streaming down my face and i was 30 then.

So i know how christopher is feeling at the mo, upmost sympathy to you all.

Good idea on the rabbit rescue idea, only problem if i did that i would probably come home with a car full.

God bless. X

I'm really sorry to hear of your sad loss and send you and your family much love.

We have just homed a rabbit from a rescue centre to keep our other one company now he's outside in his eglu and she is lovely, really tame and affectionate and the perfect partner for our rabbit. I wish you luck in your search for a new rabbit.

Thankyou for all the lovely replies. Christopher and I sat reading them yesterday.

Christopher is now thinking that a rescue rabbit is the answer :D so will let you know, when it arrives, which I'm sure won't be too long :!: much as you miss a pet, sometimes the hole they leave needs to be filled.

thanks again.

ps Fudges' robin has changed allegience to the guinea-pig!!

Karen x