Bexiboo

Seen the new plastic roosting bars in the omlet shop yet?

I wonder why they aren't sending the plastic ones out as standard with the new cubes & eglus? I would love to have had some plastic bars for my cube instead of the wooden ones :?

but, like some one has posted, I presume they are using up old wooden stock & green shades first.

I've oredered two sets as well - I noticed they didn't do a purple shade but we don't need to use them.

Is it just me that finds the Shop a bit user unfriendly? - once you've added something to your basket there is no button to 'continue shopping'? - or have I missed something?

......and 'How did you hear about us' - doesn't appear to include 'already have an Eglu' or 'Forum Member'?

my plastidipped ones look fab anyway

Your plastidipped bars look far better than mine - did you use the spray, may I ask? I used the paint, and even with two coats I couldn't achieve an even result. I want to persevere - am going to make my own bars and plastidip those, too - so if the spray makes for a more even finish, the extra cost would be worth it.

I wonder why they aren't sending the plastic ones out as standard with the new cubes & eglus?

That's what I thought! I want new plastic bars with my new cube! But... my guess is that would raise the cost of the eglus and cubes by a dozen or two pounds, as the wooden bars are far cheaper. And they probably do have quite a few wooden ones to unload before they change what comes standard.

I used the paint, and even with two coats I couldn't achieve an even result. I want to persevere - am going to make my own bars and plastidip those, too - so if the spray makes for a more even finish, the extra cost would be worth it.

I plastidipped mine too and they are still looking great - I used the spray rather than the paint (cos I was being lazy) and it was really quick to use and gave a nice even finish. I did give each set two good coats though so used two cans.

I've been thinking about these overnight :roll: (might help if I tried sleeping rather than thinking). I really like the concept because bang goes the last real place that red mite stand a chance. Although as they have 'little eggs' on to give the chooks grip, I guess my poo s"Ooops, word censored!"er won't make such a good clean job each morning, but the ease of washing them, and the speed at which they would dry...

ooh I like the look of these.... *flips credit card around fingers*
...me too LL. I really shouldn't keep mine next to the computer :roll::lol: but I really don't think I can find £57 right now. Hang on - just got to answer the door ..... oh, it's our mate Prudence again and she seems to be waving my credit card bill at me :lol: Edited by Guest

• Administrators
I wonder why they aren't sending the plastic ones out as standard with the new cubes & eglus?

That's what I thought! I want new plastic bars with my new cube! But... my guess is that would raise the cost of the eglus and cubes by a dozen or two pounds, as the wooden bars are far cheaper. And they probably do have quite a few wooden ones to unload before they change what comes standard.

Plastic Roosting Bars are now standard on all new Eglus and Cubes, so if you have an outstanding order for either, you will be recieving it with the new bars :D

Plastic Roosting Bars are now standard on all new Eglus and Cubes, so if you have an outstanding order for either, you will be recieving it with the new bars :D

Oh, Brilliant!!!

Edited by Guest

Phew: I got my new Cube with wooden roosting bars in the nick of time. (Some of us hate the idea of plastic bars.)

If anyone wants to sell their old wooden bars for the Cube, I will buy them!

Are the new shades made of the same material as before? And why no new shades for Cubes?

Phew: I got my new Cube with wooden roosting bars in the nick of time. (Some of us hate the idea of plastic bars.)

Are the new shades made of the same material as before? And why no new shades for Cubes?

Well I love the idea of plastic roosting bars... :wink:

It's much more hygienic as plastic isn't absorbent like wood, which also deteriorates over time. But more importantly it is easier to clean and provides less places for red mite to hide, which is healthier for chickens and part of the appeal of the Omlet products!

Of course if people wanted wooden roosting bars, I'm sure they could still purchase them from the shop or knock their own set together, but I am glad that Omlet has chosen the sensible option of shipping them as standard. Well done Omlet! :lol:

My only gripe is that they don't appear to be colour coded with anything. They look darker than the grey base and they don't match the colours of the Eglu shell... :?

Does that include the colour co-ordinating shade? :wink:

Have also tried phoning, left a message

Mine is due on Monday - will also buy another set for existing cube. The Eglu doesn't matter as I only use it for introductions, one hen likes to lay in it and for some reason any hen who is a little under par seems to isolate herself and sleep there.

THEY JUST CALLED

It's gone out for delivery already so I can't tag an extra set onto the order to save on delivery.

BUT - ITS GOT THEM WITH IT :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D Does this mean the" plastic or wooden " poll worked. Wouldn't it be better to ask which sort of bars new customers want on ordering :?: Just ordered new bars :D . THANKYOU ALL AT OMLET FOR LISTENING. Runs off to tell DH that people do listen to me (and everyone else that voted :D )

Argh

My cube has missed the plastic bars by one day.

I'm MAD. I konw it's a really small thing in the scheme of things, but I'm really upset now, had my cube gone out for delivery yesterday instead of Monday I would have had plastic bars.

There is nothing that they can do- I asked the lady on the phone if they could have phoned me to see if I would have accepted a later delivery so that I could have had the plastic bars, & she said they have been so busy phoning people about the problems they have had with the moulded plastic that they didn't have time/ wouldn't have thought about it.

This has really taken the shine off my cube now.

*pouts*

sorry mods about the rant :oops:

Well chaps, my cube has just arrived a day early :roll: So....... in the end it could have been sent out yesterday with its plastic bars & still got here in time for tomorrow when it should have arrived- good job I was in - that's the really annoying thing for me.

I'm so upset I have even considered cutting my nose off to spite my face, & sending back my cube ( although that will cost me £30), & just keeping my eglu & run, by pulling my auction on ebay. My converter has already sold so my hens will just have had to do with the standard run. Since reading the prudence thread I have been feeling very uneasy about buying my cube in the first place.

At least if I send it back the sale of my converter will cover the cost of the return postage & I will not be seriously out of pocket like I am now.

Poor Jules... I am so sorry for you! :cry:

I would be really angry if it was me, missing the plastic roosting bars by just one day (I know there has to be a cut off point somewhere, but still, how infuriating!). :shock:

Could you not just ring them up again to explain that if they sent it when they should have, it would have had the plastic roosting bars and get them to send them to you free of charge? :?

The delivery situation is annoying as well and I know a few people have had problems. If they state a delivery day, they should have the decency to honour it, or at least ring you in advance to make you aware and agree a change. For me (as it has been for others) it would have to be a wasted holiday day from work! :evil:

I really don't know what to say Jules, I am so upset for you! :cry:

The annoying thing is this should have been a really happy and positive experience for you, but now you are having second thoughts and doubting your decision...