Laura&Sean

Very Angry about Eglu delivery UPDATED CUBE DELIVERY

finally arrived, but, 2 of the boxes are soaking wet at one end like they've been sitting in a puddle for days

I wrote on the delivery slip "2 boxes damaged" and have taken pictures before opening them

I just hope nothing is missing :pray:

have to say this is the worst service I've ever experienced, 0/10 for customer service

Claret,

that sounds very sensible & would cut out some of the delivery chaos that seems to occur. People wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer if they knew it would turn up for definate on a certain day.

I doubt that we would be in range even if they did extend the area covered :( We seem to be at the far reaches of the universe in Ipswich.

I have meeting tonight with Johannes (about something completely different) and will be sure to mention it. I can't take the credit though as it's not my idea.

well, even though the boxes were damaged everthing seems to be there

I built it this afternoon and, apart from the surprisingly large gaps in the joints, everything went well

that is until I put the egg port door on, or I should day tried to take it off

the handle on the outside just unthreads itself from the metal bar that is the catch

will have to phone Omlet again in the a.m.

thanks for all your comments, and good luck to anyone else who finds themselves at the mercy of Nightfreight

I'm not surprised at the service you received from "NIGHT FRIGHT", as I have said several times before though it's Omlet's name and customers that are remaining fed up after terrible experiences.

I really think someone needs to pull their finger out and stop making the poxing "night freight are the best of a bad bunch and deliver heavy parcels excuses" there are many many delivery companies out there who would be glad of omlets business in these times.

Nightfreight aren't upholding Omlet's "good" reputation and if it was my company I would be booting backsides.

I am still very very angry at having spent over a thousand pounds with Omlet in the last 7 months and to have been treated like this by their delivery company.

Damaged goods, stupid excuses, lies and many wasted days waiting for delivery.

It's no good!

I'm not alone, do something about it and save others who spend their hard earned cash with you going through this rubbish!

I'd be furious too - if Omlet are having to replace what Nightfreight are damaging it's a hell of a lot! I'm assuming they claim it back from Nightfreight but as in the case of toastedblue - who is going to pay for the several days holiday taken? I'm lucky enough to be in the Omlet delivery area so my eglu (and presumably cube when ordered) will be delivered by them.

Shame for all the other Omleteeers who have been affected by this 'service' too.

We're happy with our wooden coop but have said should we ever get red mite and it be a mare to get rid of we would save up for a cube. I know that under the current delivery system I wouldn't bother as my valued annual leave is too important to spend waiting around for a delivery that may come on the day it should.

the thing is it seems sooo much different when omlet deliver. My cube arrives tomorrow and i couldn't remember if they said they would ring to confirm a time or not. just rang and they said yes we can give you a 2 hour window :D somebody (forget name) will ring in next half hour to confirm the time :D

so a brill service from their delivery people , is such a shame they are letting a courier let them down so badly.

you're not going to believe this...

in my haste to build the Cude, because it was getting dark, I missed the fact that one of the roosting bars is broken on one corner. Only just noticed it when I lifted it out tonight to remove a shell-less egg...

I'm cursed !! :shock:

have emailed Omlet and included photos, including those I took of the damaged boxes, one of which the roosting bars came in. NIGHTFREIGHT !!! :evil:

i was extremly annoyed with nightfrieght when they delivered my eglu. First of all they managed to mislay the box with the eglu run conversion... and they managed to bend not one but two of the pannels for the run they looked like they had been danced on by an elephant. Omlet sent a replacement the next day but all that could have been avoided if they had a better courier.

Makes you wonder how much money they are losing by sending out replacement parts after damage or non-delivery by the courier. :?

Yes and the cost in man hours needed to chase it up and sort it out. There MUST be somebody better. Even "hiring a man with a van who can" would surely be more cost effective.

We were discussing other matters, although I did speak to him about it on the phone at another time. Omlet feel that the courier they use is 'the best of a bad lot'. I have recommended that they use the courier we have at work - they are the local branch of a national network and very good. I don't know whether they made any enquiries.

If you all feel strongly, then I can only suggest that you email james@omlet.co.uk so that your problems are heard and can be sorted.

I would just like to say that if anyone has any issues or problems they really should contact Omlet direct especially James james@omlet.co.uk as I had a problem/issue recently and he rang me on Saturday to sort it out, he didn't have to do this at all, but he did, on his day off!. That's excellent customer service in my opinion, they can only help if you make them aware you have a problem. :wink:

So well done James :clap: very nice speaking with you :D