Laura&Sean

Very Angry about Eglu delivery UPDATED CUBE DELIVERY

Our delivery left us very angry. We were given a date, took the day off, and it was delivered on another day. We found it dumped outside our door when we got home; a little later a lady we've never met came round and said she had been walking down our road and had been accosted by the delivery man and made to sign for the delivery! Needless to say, the packages had been badly handled - parts of the Cube were exposed and damaged. Omlet are not interested so we've been left with no alternative but send ours back for a refund.

Our delivery left us very angry. We were given a date, took the day off, and it was delivered on another day. We found it dumped outside our door when we got home; a little later a lady we've never met came round and said she had been walking down our road and had been accosted by the delivery man and made to sign for the delivery! Needless to say, the packages had been badly handled - parts of the Cube were exposed and damaged. Omlet are not interested so we've been left with no alternative but send ours back for a refund.

baneybo, who did you speak to at Omlet?

May I suggest that you email either johannes@omlet.co.uk or james@omlet.co.uk

When you speak to someone from Omlet my experience is that they have been extremely helpful and do their best to support your enquiry. It's a shame that the couriers are reflecting so badly on Omlet and it appears costing Omlet business.

It's a pity that such negative feedback isn't left on the couriers website or forum instead of one that Omlet's customers read before they purchase.

I do understand the frustration and anger as some of my packages were damaged but this wasn't the direct fault of Omlet's.

Just catching up with this thread and have to agree with the *all couriers have their faults* theory.

Here is a recent catalogue of disasters for me (none are Omlet related but I love a good rant like anyone else!)

1. One delivery of £1000 worth of stock to my husband's retail unit failed to turn up. We chased it and were assured that *OURNAME* had signed for it - it was on their system. We asked for proof. This never arrived. As far as the supplier was concerned they had sent it and the courier had delivered it so we were *out* the stock. Finally, after several days of furious phone calls to the couriers my husband got to speak to the driver. He informed us that *we weren't in when he arrived and after phoning us was told to leave it in the bin round the side*. We don't have a bin. We were never phoned. Finally the penny dropped. He had delivered to OUR COMPETITOR who works from home a mile up the road. IT WAS IN THE BIN. He very kindly fished it out and delivered it to us. *shakes head*

2. The last computer item I bought online was the first purchase from that company. They refused to send to my work address - only the home address. Three times they tried to deliver and three times we weren't there (because we were at the work address!) and funnily enough three times the nominated neighbour wasn't at home. :shock: They are child minders and never leave the house!

Finally I snatched the delivery docket and made a mad dash to the depot 16 miles away trying to get there before the 7.30pm deadline mentioned on the slip. I made it at 7.20 only to be told by the security guard "Oh - they are all gone. You would have to be here before SIX to catch them. . . " :shock::shock::shock::shock: WHY PRINT 7.30pm IF YOU MEAN SIX???? It isn't even CLOSE! The two trips to collect that parcel totally outweighed the savings we made by shopping around!

3. We once had a delivery of £3000 of stock swiped out of the back of a couriers van as he was delivering to another shop. Ooops. Only but. . no one told us. We sat for a full week waiting for that stock, missing out on loads of sales and having to deal with irate clients in the meantime and then had to wait for ages before the suppliers dealt with the claim.

4. And finally, because I know you have lost the will to live now already, recently another delivery to the house didn't arrive. I was watching online for delivery updates and apparently they tried to deliver 3 times but *no one home, carded* meaning that they have left the docket. No card through OUR door. A week later I heard, after pushing the supplier lots and lots, that the courier driver couldn't find the house. It wasn't on his system. :shock: But he had left THREE cards at our address? Clever chap.

None of these couriers were NightFreight (I have never heard of them actually) so - just to prove - it doesn't reaaalllly matter who poor Omlet decide on - they are all more or less tarred with the same brush!

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

they are all the same. we have spare parts delieved to drop boxes at garages, we watched one day as the driver tried to get all the parts in the drop box he failed so then spent 5min kicking the box into place. very :lol: but the spare part is cost 20.000. yes they just see it as a brown box and don't give care.

nightfreight do seem to be a nightmare

my eglu was delayed by parts supply at omlet so they sent all the kit out on one day delivery last thursday

eglu arrived friday morning - hurrah - parcel 3 of 3 - where were the other two (run and fencing) ?

chloe at omlet then tracked them down to one being mistakenly put on 3 day delivery by nightfreight and one parcel has even gone to the wrong distribution depot ! - donkeys

When you speak to someone from Omlet my experience is that they have been extremely helpful and do their best to support your enquiry. It's a shame that the couriers are reflecting so badly on Omlet and it appears costing Omlet business.

It's a pity that such negative feedback isn't left on the couriers website or forum instead of one that Omlet's customers read before they purchase.

I do understand the frustration and anger as some of my packages were damaged but this wasn't the direct fault of Omlet's.

Well, the last person we spoke to at Omlet was Chloe, and she was very nice and helpful (i.e. apologetic) - this time because we had taken the day off to have our cube collected and - yes, you guessed it - the couriers didn't turn up...

But being 'nice and helpful' often isn't good enough (we did actually take the moderator's suggestion and e-mailed Johaness with pictures of the problems we were experiencing, but more than two weeks later have yet to receive even an aknowledgment).

At the end of the day, if a company is having problems with quality, be it of manufacture, packing, delivery, customer services or whatever (and a quick look around the topics on this forum will confirm many of Omlet's customers are indeed experiencing such problems, particularly with the Cube), it is in fact those customers who end up paying the costs of fixing things: they pay for a product that is more expensive that it should be because of those costs, and they also pay in their own time spent trying to sort things out.

For this reason I don't agree that prospective customers shouldn't be seeing the extent of the problems existing owners are experiencing. I suppose one has to give Omlet credit for allowing owners to post their complaints on the forum (although the more cynical amongst us - and believe me I'm pretty cynical now after 4 weeks of getting no-where - may wonder if there are some posts we never see?

I ordered a cube and it was delayed twice, when it finally arrived, it was left on the lawn, the boxes were ripped and dented and in bad condition and the roosting bars broken. It took 3 attemps to get the roosting bars un damaged. Very pleased that they are now plastic! I have had a mixed service from Omlet but on the whole pleased.

Sara

I ordered a convertor for my Eglu run and was told that it would arrive on Monday of this week. Friday afternoon, as we were loading the car for a weekend away, Nightfrieght pulled up and we were presented with an enormous box. I told the driver that I wasn't expecting the delivery until Monday and he laughed and said that a lot of customers say that their delivery is early.

I didn't think too much about it at the time, except to be glad we were there to receive it. After catching up with this thread, I am now wondering what would have happened to it if we had left for the weekend. Would it have been left outside the house until we returned on Sunday? If this had been the caseI would not have been very pleased as it is advertising the fact that you are away and the house empty.

I must add though that when we received the Eglu, which was delivered by Omlet's own van and driver, we couldn't have had a better experience. He arrived exactly when I was told he would and was very pleasant and helpful.

Our Eglu was assembled in the garden and we were introduced to our chickens and given loads of helpful advice.

On the whole our Omlet experience has been very positive.

I am sorry to hear so many of you have had problems with deliveries. I have ordered two eglus and various extra bits over the last 18mths with no problems whatsoever. In fact the delivery men have been so helpful by carrying all those large boxes down the flight of stairs into our garden where they are safe.

I was alos sad to read that some people's door steps are not safe. I feel lucky to live somewhere that deliveries can be left in view on the doorstep with no worries.

Just wanted to let everyone know about my good experience with the delivery company. As having read this thread made me very worried about my order.

I ordered my eglu online on 19th July, was shown 4th August for delivery date. Phone Omlet a week before to confirm as wanted to book a day off work - was told not to as they can't actually guarentee that delivery will be on that day - might be a day either way. So had a note put on my delivery asking for them to call me 1 hour before delivery so I could pop home.

Had a call 2pm today from delivery company, they were on their way and would be there in approx 1 hour. So I drove home and they turned up 15 minutes later. Boxes all intacted and the delivery guy very kindly helped me move the box with the actual eglu in it into the garage as it was too heavy to lift by myself.

So although they were a day early they still followed the delivery instructions - plus I now get all weekend to put it together and sort the garden out so that it will fit. :P

So far:

- we took a day off work to have our Cube delivered, only to have it come on another day

- we took another day off work have our Cube collected, only to have the courier not turn up

- we took a third day off work, last week, to have the Cube collected again. Despite 'phoning Omlet twice during the day to check it was actually going to happen (and them assuring us it would): - yes you've guessed it - no-one turned up. Again.

We've now had to inform Omlet we can no longer afford to take any more time off work, or to continue to take responsibility for the Cube. We've had to leave it sitting outside our house waiting for someone to take it away. And on present form, it's doubtful that'll be Omlet's dreadful couriers.

I can't remember the last time I was so angry, or saw my partner so upset.

What a shambles.