Laura&Sean

Very Angry about Eglu delivery UPDATED CUBE DELIVERY

Eglu was scheduled to be delivered today 2nd and just had a phonecall from 3 night freight saying they attempted delivery yesterday :evil: and left a card...no sign of any card, and now can only deliver tomorrow!!

I am so angry, I have taken today off to wait in all day for delivery and they have done this!

Contacted Omlet and they are seeing what can be done, any tips??

Edited by Guest

How annoying !

Courier companies often claim to have tried to deliver early if they can't make a delivery. Otherwise it shows as a late delivery on their SLA's. Worth challenging them on the lack of card and say none of the neighbours saw them. I tend to start muttering about breach of contract and insist on being put through to the manager. But mostly it is Omlet that will need to take them to task as they are paying the courier for the service (or lack of)

Getting more and more annoyed the more I think about it!

As if I would ignore a card from my long awaited and looked forward to delivery :cry: there was definatley no card and I have even been to check again and in front garden in case it fell out of letter box(how unlikely)

Chloe has taken £20 off my next order which is better than a kick in the teeth.

I know how frustrating it can be. I once caught my postman putting a 'tried to deliver package/no one home' card through my letterbox once. He wasn't aware that I work from home. When I challenged him about it, he told me that he didn't even have the package on him! :evil:

The package contained important documents from a client of mine who was facing repossession of their home. I complained to his superiors, as I was so incenced, but they told me that on checking back with him that he claimed never to have been confronted by me and that I was not at home!

I now have a young lad who delivers our mail. He's always cheerful and will try round the back of our house if he cannot get a response at the front door. :)

'Night Fright' are terrible, we sacked them here at work. I know that Omlet have tried other companies, but to be honest they are all as bad as each other.

We're only 5 miles away from the Mothership, and I suggested that they use the couriers we currenlty use at work - they are a local branch of a nationwide network and so far have been pretty good.

When my Eglu was delivered Omlet sales sold me that it would be between 9 - 5.30, they tried to deliver at 8.50 (typlical), when I explained what I had been told they said Omlet was to blame as they always deliver from 8am onwards. To be fair to the courier they got hold of the driver and he re-delivered in the afternoon.

Sorry this doesn't help you, but I wonder just which party got it wrong the courier or omlet! :?:

Nightfreight are notoriously bad. I'm sure another company stopped using them after there were numerous complaints. Maybe Omlet should find someone else.

Yes, they are horrible. My cube was missing a piece of the run on delivery/set up by Omlet last week. I was told Nightfreight would have the piece to me within 48 hours.

1) They smashed the box and damage the run panel (yes, that thick, hunky green coated iron-wire run panel) so badly, it was undeliverable.

But... next day for sure...

2) No delivery. No phone call. Nothing.

But... Monday... for sure...

3) No delivery. No phone call. Nothing.

But Tuesday, "you are scheduled for the first delivery of the day."

4) Noon. No delivery. No phone call. Nothing.

You are scheduled " to have delivery by lunchtime"

5) Right. What time do they take lunch? 5pm?

Finally, I went outside, from my home office, where I work, where I had been almost the entire day... a huge package leaning up against my neighbour's front door, crushing up against her hanging baskets and roses, with "Omlet" clearly written on it. If my neighbour had come home to that! -- I cannot even imagine. And it was in full sight of the busy road. Anyone could have stolen it.

But, true to form, no one knocked on my door. No one rang. No one wanted me to know how late they had delivered it, so they could pretend it finally arrived as intended.

:evil::twisted::evil::twisted::evil::twisted::!:

Eglu was scheduled to be delivered today 2nd and just had a phonecall from 3 night freight saying they attempted delivery yesterday :evil: and left a card...no sign of any card, and now can only deliver tomorrow!!

I am so angry, I have taken today off to wait in all day for delivery and they have done this!

Contacted Omlet and they are seeing what can be done, any tips??

You know, I think something untoward is going on that Omlet should look into.

My second eglu was booked to be delivered on 18 June. It was delivered on 17 June: although I work from home, it was just lucky that I was there to take delivery. I noticed that the date printed on the delivery docket was correct, ie 18 June.

I have read on this forum of several people having their stuff delivered a day early. And, in my view, it has perhaps now happened too often to be a coincidence. I mean (puts on tin hat), if someone wanted to damage Omlet's customer relationships, there are few quicker ways of doing this than delivering on the wrong day.

I did a poll on this a while back and there were a lot of people who had deliveries a day early, resulting in them not being in and having arranged a day off work for the day the eglu was meant to come - many (including me) had this expensive piece of kit just left outside the house! Omlet is great, but needs to do something about it's courier.

This does seem to be a common problem, my run extension was due tommorrow 4th,when i could be at home all day. I got home from work yesterday to find a huge box dumped outside in full view of any passer by. I wonder what the position would be if a parcel did go missing when delivered on the wrong day and left unattended? I'm a bit concerned because i'm expecting another delivery next week and these things are not cheap.

Nightfreight left my first Eglu outside someone else's garage halfway down my lane, when I challenged them the driver said "The lady with the laborador said that would be alright" To this day I have no idea who he spoke to, and not sure how ownership of a lab confers honesty!

Jackie, I had a delivery (allegedly) 'left on my doorstep' recently and it never turned up.

I called the supplier who asked me to get in touch with the courier (Parcelfarce), who swore blindly that they'd left it on my doorstep, despite my explicit instructions NOT to do so :roll: . I live in a Victorian house, and the doorstep is just 2 feet from the pavement - we've had stuff nicked from the doorstep before. Luckily the vendor was able to send me out another parcel and claim back frorm the courier.

Unfortunatly all couriers have their ups & downs. I do know from experience that many companys would rather use UPS or Parcel Line , but they will not take on large parcels or funny shaped. They simply like the small easy boxes.

I have read here that Omlet did try other couriers than Nightfreight & they were just as bad. Unfortunatly its down to the drivers, if they feel like leaving it then they will.

Only advice I can give for Omlet is, in special instructions put - DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT ANY INSTRUCTIONS OR SIGNATURE

Then again this still doesnt help because they will get the neighbour to sign for it.

Hopefully somone better will pop along soon !

Deliveries are always a nightmare, particularly with funny-shaped things. It's really not Omlet's fault, but obviously they should look into improving the situation....

I wonder of total orders how many deliveries go wrong? It's always difficult on t'internet becuase the people who look at /reply to a topic like this are generally those who have had a negative experience.

Well it came this morning and the box containing the Eglu was badly damaged so I filled in a damage report form with delivery driver, honestly the box looked like it had been thrown around and run over by a truck it was ripped wide open, dented and filthy.

Eglu fine though it's a sturdy piece of kit isn't it luckily so thats the main thing just a shame they dont seem to value their customers items (Nightfreight that is)

Thanks Omlet but :evil: to nightfreight.

Hi Guys, I have been discussing this with Johannes and he says the following:

We obviously put as much pressure on courier companies as possible to deliver the goods on time and in good condition however they are a third party and as such we can't do anything about the people they hire. Having tried several different companies I don't believe that Nightfreight are any worse than anyone else, in fact seen over a longer period I think they are actually pretty good. Obviously, this won't mean anything to someone who has experienced bad service from them. However we would obviously try our best to help, we can't do this if we aren't told about it. Can you please tell anyone who posts with a customer service issue to contact Omlet directly so that we can do our best to put things right.

Please, please, please contact Omlet directly if you are having problems. As Johannes says, they would love to help you, but can't unless they know about the problem, then they can take it up with the courier. Please call them directly on 0845 450 2056

Hi Guys, I have been discussing this with Johannes and he says the following:

We obviously put as much pressure on courier companies as possible to deliver the goods on time and in good condition however they are a third party and as such we can't do anything about the people they hire. Having tried several different companies I don't believe that Nightfreight are any worse than anyone else, in fact seen over a longer period I think they are actually pretty good. Obviously, this won't mean anything to someone who has experienced bad service from them. However we would obviously try our best to help, we can't do this if we aren't told about it. Can you please tell anyone who posts with a customer service issue to contact Omlet directly so that we can do our best to put things right.

Please, please, please contact Omlet directly if you are having problems. As Johannes says, they would love to help you, but can't unless they know about the problem, then they can take it up with the courier. Please call them directly on 0845 450 2056

Like I said in original post I did contact Omlet direct and spoke to really helpful Chloe :D who tried her best with nightfreight but to no avail.

I have complained directly to nightfreight I have no issue with Omlet whatsoever but its a shame the courier "representing" them seems to have upset a lot of people, as not everyone disassociates the delivery company from Omlet.

Just glad I finally got it - I have now taken 2 days holiday from work though just to be here for delivery :cry: .