chelsea

Burns dog food

Anyone else use this and got on with it ok?

I have just ordered some for my GSD, she has a bacterial allergy and im hoping cutting out the rubbish and having a decent diet will help. There are some reviews online of Burns that give it lots of praise.

It was expensive, but my pooch is wasting so much food as long as she eats it I dont care what it costs. :)

Cookie is on Burns and has been since a puppy. She appears to like it and the 'stuff' that comes out the other end isn't as smelly or yucky as my previous dog's poos (she didn't eat Burns). :shock:

You measure it all out and Cookie is only on 100 grams twice a day so a big bag lasts quite a long time (I usually have two on the go just so she doesn't get bored).

Oliver has Burns Venison and Rice. I choose Burns because friends had told me how good it was and free from additives etc.

I do add grated, raw vegetables just to give him variety and a bit of raw minced lamb every now and then.

He looks well on it and his coat is in good condition.

He loves it but then he is a Labrador and he will eat anything really. :roll::roll:

We sell Burns at the vets & everyone whos switched over to it are really happy they did. Only thing with it is that you don't need much at all. I always feel mean giving the vets Newfoundland 2 cups full! You might want to use a tiny bit of meat or gravy to moisten it slightly. We just use a table spoon of tinned or pouch meat.

The chicken & brown rice is a really good all rounder.

Hx

thanks everyone for your comments. :D

We have noticed a real difference since switching over, Bracken seems to eat her food with real gusto now (she was never really bothered before) and it all gets eaten. I bought several sacks of the Burns (all of the flavours - as i didnt want her to get bored ! :oops: )

Burns have also brought out "wet food" in tins, so I bought 24 of them and I mix half a tin with the dry kibble so its a bit tastier.

So far so good! :D

We use burns for our 3 - they all love it (mind you only one of them is at all fussy). We often mix ours with pilchards as the fish oil is recommended for keeping their joints supple and their coat glossy. Its as cheap as tinned dog food with less additives. They think its great but sometimes pilchards first thing inth morning are a bit :vom: !

I am rather late to this post but wanted to add my thoughts on Burns. I started with Iams and then read some unpleasant articles on how they food test, so I looked around and decided that Burns seemed like a good option. The boys LOVE it and whilst not the cheapest on the market, I would agree that it is value for money as you do not use a lot. THe poo is far less offensive too. I do supplement it from time to time with vegetables, rice and left over pasta. In fact the dogs are fascinated by the chickens, whom they can see clearly seem to have food all day long!!!! You can almost see them thinking 'Why is that?' :D

Whenever we take the boys out for walks people always comment upon how fit and healthy they look. Very lean and athletic. They are 8 month old lab crosses and so prone to weight gain I believe. I must get my pics sorted to show people.

My two working cocker spaniels both eat Burns and the poo is smallish and doesn't smell foul either. We put Henry on it as he had aggression problems and we read that it is very natural and doesn't contain artificial additives and is thereofre good for behavioural problems. I have to say that it has worked wonders. He has calmed down and stopped growling at us. (They've been on it for about 2 years now)

Burns is good food but daisie is allergic to all meat and Burns recommended we didn't use their food:shock:

We did a home diet for months, this settled her down and now

we have finally found fish 4 dogs and all her symptoms, both skin and gastrointestinal, have cleared up. :P

Shame as we wanted to raw feed but it's now simply not possible.

Buffie x :)