abwsco

Price of hemcore or aubiose

Was just wondering what everyone pays and if it varies a lot around the country.

I've found 2 places selling hemcore. One is £7.95 and the other is £8.46. The cheapest place for hemcore also sells aubiose and they said that is going up to over £10!!

It also might be time to stock up if you've got the room.

It also might be time to stock up if you've got the room.

Be careful though, I bought a shedload of Auboise to cut the delivery costs down and one bale must have had a hole in the bag because some of it went mouldy :( Had to chuck it.

Tessa

Oh, that's bad :(

How long does the bag last - we have a cube and 1 extension. Also how often do people change it? Thinking of putting this in ours once the grass is ruined!

Not sure as mine have already eaten everything in their run. mind you they don't spend long in it anyway :oops:

There really is a price difference isn't there around the country so far!

I was thinking of using auboise, but reading the prices I think I'll stick with my shredded bank statements, junk mail and other suitable documents for them to rest their backsides on. Not only does it work, but it's free and ultimately makes great compost. Furthermore there's a constant fresh supply, so no storage problems and no chance of it going mouldy.

I clean the nest (or should I say bedroom) daily. It takes a good handful which is about as much as the postman delivers!

Rog