Moonie

Best time to have second child?

I'm the same. :D I always offer to feed/change/take for a walk other friends or family members babies at gatherings. Same with toddlers too - if we have gone out for a meal, I'm the first to offer to cut up their food and assist with feeding them so Mum can enjoy a meal without it going cold, for a change.

I remember how tough I found the early years and how much I appreciated when someone would do the above for me. And for me...well, I get to have a baby/small child to myself for a while but can hand them back at the end of the day and get a good nights sleep. :dance:

The other thing I make a concerted effort to do when someone I know has just had a baby is to ask the Mum 'How she is doing/feeling?'.

Everyone coos and fusses over your new baby but rarely asks that question. It took me back with my second child when a neighbour asked me the same thing. I was at the time feeling quite emotional, tired and a naff Mum but was bottling it up (as you do - to appear perfect and in control) and it gave the ideal outlet for me to express my feelings and to be told that what I was feeling was all perfectly normal. It was nice to know that someone seemed genuinely interested in how I was getting on aswell as my baby.

I do exactly the same for identical reasons

All my friends had children in their 20s, so I loved looking after them. I also helped a friend bring up her 3 boys in between travelling stints, so felt well prepared when I eventually had my own at 35, but nothing prepares you for the sheer weight of the exhaustion a newborn brings... and the need to be able to go to the loo on your own!

Those three that I helped bring up are now big, grown men and one is engaged to be married.. I remember potty training that good looking hunk! :shock:

There's never a right time or a wrong time... I was told I couldn't have any and 7 weeks later was preg!!

theres a 3 yr gap between mine, and they're lovely, (well, not to me, but when they're out...)

Kids just adapt, it's us grown ups who get all tangled up mentally over things!! Be well, and let yr body and heart decide, leave the head bit out of it!! (and enjoy the "practise!!) :shock::lol:

Probably too soon for me to comment as the youngest is 5wks today but we went for 2 yrs. (To the day, they even share a birthday!)

We decided you still need to take a changing bag and nappies etc, if we got a taste of freedom (4-5 yr gap) we might not have any more! :D:D:D

Best time?

First thing in the morning. Then you've got time to tidy up, get down the shops and have dinner ready for when your OH gets home.

:wink::wink:

You may joke about this but trust me, it happens! No3 born at 3.30am, home at 7am, couple of hours in bed, then up to cook tea for the family. OH wasn't at work though, he stayed in bed as he'd been up all night!!!!! :boohoo::notalk::notalk::notalk:

Chauvanism is alive and kicking in the Owl family :lol:

crazy women!! :shock: I stayed in bed for 4 days after mine as i had a c-sect, apart from the pain, I loved just lying in bed looking at my gorgeous wee baba ... lovely bit of bonding! :D Have to say though if it was a normal delivery there is no way on this earth i would be doing anything other than lying in bed recovering for at least 2 days!!!! :wink: