Caroline

aw maaaaaaaaaaaan

:lol: it is hisjob! He does landscape construction for a living so I'd be worried if he couldn't do it!! LOL

it should also be mentioned that it was a very expensive project!! It cost somewhere in the region of £1200 without labour. That does include the filtration etc.

Apparently the filter needs cleaning once a week cuz ducks be duuurty. I was not aware of the filrter cleaning! LMAO

I'm sure he would travel all over the country to built lovely rills everywhere, it'd get a bit pricey for the customer!!

Any landscaper who does ponds whould be able to build one though.....anyone who is any good that is!! 8)

LOL "Ooops, word censored!"ody rushing forward then?!!?

It is very expensive.....worth it though cuz it's beeeeoooooootiful! We sit on the edge in the summer, itbe lovely.

now then... I'm trying to put more pics in here but it doesn't let me often y'know?!

hang on *tries*

GRRRR I can never put pics in.....lesson please?!

ok, I'llmake a gallery

RARRRRRRRR it's being upgraded!!!

hmph

well, you'll just have to wait I guess. I can't upload them to my usual duck page cuz I've not got my password for the webpage on this puter.[/img]

oh! Great idea...lets do that......

ok...maybe this will work....

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s142/mattesdon/

yay, I think it worked!

the only thing I would say about the rillis get the biggest filter you can afford!!!

our has a filterinthe bottom but it's got a skimmer thing at the other end too.

rill1.jpg

rill.jpg

Edit, here you are, images as well :D Claret

Caroline,

To get pictures from photobucket into the thread.... Where it says IMG under the photo in photobucket copy that code and paste that into the thread and the pic should come up. I have only just learnt how to do it myself (Clever Phil told me how) and i want to post pics all the time now! (i'm trying to restrain myself) :wink:

I'd love a rill for when we get our ducks but theres no way i could afford one or OH or I could make one. They'll have to make do with a pond from the Domestic fowl trust! I'm really excited about getting them now... Ages to wait though....... :(

I think I might see if we can convert our DFT duckpond into a rill - I just need to sort out about filters etc.

The pump i can cope with but I don't know anything about filters :?

Do you think that would work? At least it would filter out some of all the poop they make in a day :roll:

I am SO bad at replying to these! sorry!!

the rill is still the same - looks great. the ducks still swim in it but they're MUCH more confident and spend their time on the grass (or lack thereof) and mooching for food.

the duck just eats ALL DAY and the drake follows her around chasing anything that comes near her! :lol:

the lawn isstill green in the middle but the wet winter certainly took its toll... it was like a swamp at one point!! the ducks dig! I never realised that!!! there are little round boreholes all over the place! makes me laugh.

We've now got clingfilm type stuff around the vegetable patch as teh duck realised the other day that she could reach all teh seedling vegetables and proceeded to munch everything she could reach. :evil:

other than that, things are going really well. Need to incubate some eggs which we're going to do in mid May once we're back from our hols. We need more females as the drake is trying to make babies with the poor chickens!!!! :shock:

They are less than impressed but that's another post! :lol: