Caroline

aw maaaaaaaaaaaan

Ohh! Gorgeous! I love the rill too... please give us more of a description of it: OH wants to build a "flowing stream" along the side of our garden: This looks fantastic! Does it flow? I can just imagine your ducks sailing along it serenely, then getting back upstream and having another go...... :lol::D

they DO sail down then go for another go!!

will get OH on the job of helping me write a proper description of the rill but yes it's a continuous flow of water with a big filter system at one end and a skimmer to get all the rubbish off the top at th other.

More description to follow - thanks for the duck compliments... I feel like a proud mum!!!

Hey Guys

sorry - very neglectful of me!! I used to get updates when there were replies but maybe I've not updatedmy email address.

Anyway..... what was I answering?! erm....... oh yeah, nope, we don't clip the duck's wings..... mind you, we only do the chooks once in a blue moon and the highest they fly is into the flower beds! naughty chickens.

The Rill is still looking really good and the ducks love it. they have lots of grazing space too and between them and the chickens, they've turned our back lawn into a quagmire!!

One of my pups won't even poop on the grass anymore cuz the grass is to icky for him!! poor puppy.

Apologies for any joined up words here, am on hubby's laptop and the keyboard is funny. :?

definitely real......... their poos are certainly real! LOL

*funny story*

the first morning after we had them, my friend and I picked a duck up each. I was determined these would be tame duckies (ha!!). My duck was ok but his did a massive panic poop right on him!!!!!! :lol::lol:

oh how I laughed!! :vom:

nasty - so early in the morning too - he nearly vommed

not entirely sure why I felt the need to share that story - it just seemed the time :lol:

bootiful ducks...they look very happy!

Agree about the rill - my hubby would need to go on the krypton factor 1st before attempting to make anything remotely like that! and then he would curse the whole time when doing it :lol:

they are so cute - would look fab in my garden :think:

We already have a 10ft by 10ft pond.....so add ducks and "voila" :think: