debbie

sad loss

Sorry to tell this .. but need to talk... I lost my mum at the begining of this month....she had never seen a chicken up close...but she came down for lunch and met Tuppence. She was in awe of of beautiful feathers and was bit wary of beak but she she gave a stroke and was happy that she had met them.

My girls give me a lots of love and comfort, I know it sounds silly but pets can give this !!!! Chickens are rather good at thiis....I have sat down in the summer house and had a cry......my girls have layed eggs today and life goes on. My Tuppy came and jumped on my lap for a cuddle or was it for treats ?????

Just needed to talk

Debs

Oh Debs, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum :(:(

I think you're right though about animals being sensitive to our grief and very comforting. Tuppence sounds gorgeous and it's wonderful that you're able to get some solace from her.

It must be a very hard time for you and your family. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Sending huge cyber hugs.

Take care

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Debbie. Life does go on and I found that it is only time that heals.

Chickens are such great comfort. Am sure that somebody who does not own chickens would think we are mad!

We are here if you need to talk some more. I have found this forum great if you need to get things off your chest.

Keep your chin up :wink:

So sorry to hear of your very sad news Debbie. I hope you can take some comfort from all the kind thoughts coming your way from everyone here.

It's lovely that your Mum was so happy to meet your chickens - your girls can be a constant reminder of that special moment.

Take care.

Linda