Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

I think it's thick enough to cut it and have one (or both) of the sides with just the cut edge. It's thicker than a shower curtain which is what most people use to cover their Eglu runs. :D

Good idea with the battens tho! :lol:

I have a beautiful blue and white stripey tarpaulin (see I'm getting carried away - describing a tarp as beautiful? :roll: ). I bought it the same time as I bought the glass ones, but it's too big. I was thinking of cutting it down to fit one of the sides of the run, to use in the Summer for shade instead of the naff green one I have on there now. But don't know if my sewing machine is man enough to cope. I will give it a go though it looks very sea-sidey with the bule and white stripes! :D

Sorry about that, couldn't resist :twisted::wink: .

No quote yet :? . Although .......

I had a lovely bloke round yesterday to talk about returfing the lawn. He had great ideas about building a small retaining wall so we can level off the lawn (and WIR area!). He also said he can lay my path round the run for me (and also collect all 8 Freecycle slabs for me too :shock: ).

And to cap it all my lovely in-laws sent a cheque for OH's birthday which is much bigger than we expected :dance: . So I'm now thinking, what the heck, get the garden sorted properly, get a WIR from Tony with the extra bits I was coveting (but holding back on).

How do I tell the joiner I don't want his run :anxious: . I hate doing things like that. I know it's woosy (sp?) but I find it really hard to say no to people :? .

Shall I wait for the quote then just say I've changed my mind even if it's cheaper than Tony? Help :pray: .

I give you full permission to call Tony and insist that you do it today!!!!

:) Don`t wait for the other quote......although when you do get it tell him you did :D

Also I think we need a recap on what you wanted from Tony as it was about 200 posts ago! :)

Oh goody, goody :dance: .

I want:

3 sided run (2.5 x 2 x 2)

Roof with sloping cover

Guttering possibly?

One full door opening inwards

Another door - stable style (still to sell this to him) - my thinking is, the top door for opening/removing eglu on table, the bottom for when I get either another eglu (unlikely :( ) or just another nestbox for when I get more hens :twisted: . Then I'd have access to both levels - on top of and underneath the table. Make sense?

Anything else I've forgotten?

I'm wondering about a poo tray port as well :think: (or is that overkill, would moving the eglu round once a week be just as easy. It's only £12.50 though!)

8)

I think the poo port would be overkill, couldn`t you just remove the Eglu poo tray using the stable door stylee door? Perhaps the poo port could be a Grub and Glug port?

Guttering i think is an essential at least on the lowest side of the roof as the water would fall onto the slabs and splash back into the run and get Aubiose wet. Although one length of guttering and downpipe with fixing may be cheaper from B&Q?

Have you phoned him yet?

No, I was waiting for your opinion :oops::wink: . I think you're right about the poo port :think: .

While I was waiting for you ( :roll::wink: ) I've been out in the garden with a saw :anxious: . There's now a huge pile of branches and foliage in the middle of the lawn :roll: . Don't leave me alone again, you don't know what I'll get up to :twisted: .

(I have phoned the gardener and left a message saying yes please though :wink::dance: )

EDIT: all done, Tony's got my order :dance: .

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Palmer07, you could be happy for me :cry: .

:wink::wink::wink:

No poo port, but a stable type door (future proofs the run in case I get another eglu or just another nestbox :twisted: ). Guttering too :whistle: . Might have to hide the bill from OH :anxious: .

Tony's got quite a lot of orders (I wonder why :think::lol: ) so it'll be the end of March :( . Still, gives me time to get the garden in order. Whole garden rotivated, new lawn, new wall, new path round the WIR - that'll keep me amused till then :D . It'll take me that long to get rid of all those branches anyway :roll: . I'll get Oscar trained up :wink::lol: .

Palmer07, you could be happy for me :cry: .

:wink::wink::wink:

No poo port, but a stable type door (future proofs the run in case I get another eglu or just another nestbox :twisted: ). Guttering too :whistle: . Might have to hide the bill from OH :anxious: .

Tony's got quite a lot of orders (I wonder why :think::lol: ) so it'll be the end of March :( . Still, gives me time to get the garden in order. Whole garden rotivated, new lawn, new wall, new path round the WIR - that'll keep me amused till then :D . It'll take me that long to get rid of all those branches anyway :roll: . I'll get Oscar trained up :wink::lol: .

I am actually

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

but also really happy for you! And if I lived closer I would bring my pink tool set and help you build it!!

Ooh I've just been to visit a friend (who has just got a pink eglu - hello Jane if you're surfing the net) and she has two most gorgeous girls that she picked up today. An amber star and a skyline. Beautiful. They have spurred me on as well. YS and I were planning how we could manage to get some the same in but they will have to wait until the run is done. :D