hennymom

sleep tight Frosty...

our hens are just over a year old now and we noticed Frosty had a red bottom...it turns out after rushing her to the vets it was a prolapse... the vet stitched it back in and we left it 3 days.. unfortunately after the stitches were removed, 3 days later it happened again... we had isolated her totally to prevent risk if injury/bullying from the other 5 girls... however when we took her back to the vets yesterday, he said "it looks like the others have been brutalising her"...we told him we had isolated her.. he said he could do the procedure again but there was no guarantee she'd not get it again, so we made the choice to send her to henny heaven, so she would not have to suffer any longer. R.I.P. my little Frosty

thankyou all for your kind thoughts.... it is quite hard accepting she is gone at such a young age... but we did not want to prolong her pain , we'll come to terms with it...that'll teach me for ignoring hubby and naming them!! he said it would be hard to part with them once they have been named... :(

Im so sorry to read about Frosty, R.I.P You are a very brave chicken mummy for making such a hard decision xxx As for naming them, we got a new girl and she got taken by mr fox the next day, we had'nt named her and didnt know her but DH and I were gutted. We named her Doris in her absence x

Take care xx

Sorry to read about Frosty. I lost one of mine too, the same way. It is hard when you lose one but don't let that stop you enjoying your flock and naming any additions to the family. It's great fun and you'll get heaps of enjoyment from them. :D