I was mystified yesterday by a reference someone had made in the forum to ordering the Mark III cube Eglu.

I've just done a search, and discovered that you have all been looking at a picture of it and discussing it in the Nesting Box area!

So here is the URL for anyone else who doesn't have time to visit the Nesting Box.

I want one! Now!

Hi All,

I'm probably more excited about ordering the MKIII than my Chickens. Oh well at least then we can get some new friends as we expand our stock, to support the ever growing demand from our neighbours to purchase quality eggs made from the finest slugs/worms and real green vegetation.

Suggested MKIII enhancement (yes already):

It would be really cool if they supplied matching colour coordinated transparent wind breaks for the area underneath the cube. Basically boards that clip around the low deck to form a physical protector from the wind.

We currently use corregated plastic sheets to form a wind break around their existing home made pen. :D

Will be ordering a nice bright Orange Eglu Cube (orange eglu) this time around.

Our MK1 eglu will be put on ebay once MKIII is ordered & received.

Oh well not long now...Well done Omlet team...

I assume somebody will be working on the Eglu Cube icons for the forum? :P

Johannes in the Nesting Box thread (where most messages about the Mark 3 are lodged, but I am perversely going to continue to put mine under "Eglu") wrote:

"We are confident of launching in time for Easter."

That is one week's time. Is there any sign of it yet? I want a proper picture and proper description before I succumb. The original embargo that was broken was for 1 April, so can we expect news tomorrow? Or will Omlet be afraid we will think it is an April Fool's joke after this long wait?

This thread died, while the Mark 3 Eglu obstinately thrived in the Chickens section.

I think it would be rather nice if the present Eglu section was renamed:

Eglu (Mark 1 and 2)

and a new one was made called:

Eglu (Mark 3)

I am sure all we Mark 3 owners will have a lot to say once we get our new Eglus, and the tangle of threads will be a bit confusing for people who have the other sort, as everything is very different. (And we wouldn't want to make people jealous, would we?)

Incidentally, does anyone yet have a Mark 3? And who has the earliest delivery date?

:) Good points, Gallina. Will have a think about the Eglu topic sections. The trouble is, too many sections makes it daunting (I think a lot of people only read one or 2 sections, hence the Omlet posting in the most widely read, Nesting Box). Yet, as you say, different aspects of Eglu questions will arise because of the 3 models. Mmmmm,,,,I suspect that there will be too much to wade through, with postings in wrong sections & duplicate topics etc, whatever is done. :roll::lol:

But it's worth thinking about now, before we get too far down the line.

I ordered mine on the first day when it was finally launched, but I know I'm behind some advance orders and I know Kate must be one of those. I've been told May 11th, or before if production allows. 8):D

I am hoping for a delivery on 5 May, so I can have the bank holiday weekend playing with it (and the two new Omlet hens). I ordered it just before the launch.

It seems logical to me to put things relating to a new Eglu under "Eglu", or is that old fashioned?! And it also seemed a good idea to split the Mark 3 off at this early stage because people are going to write in with problems such as: "The screws that hold the run on have broken: Help!" and no one will know which system they are talking about. I can foresee confusion.

Also I am sure that we cubists will all want to gloat like mad about our new Eglus, and we don't want to put people off their breakfast.

Congratulations on the new Eglu Gallina - how nice to have the holiday weekend to play 8)

I don't know that it would necessarily cause problems if people were asking specific questions? - most people now say if they are asking about a Mark! or a Mark2 and if not, they are usually asked.

I don't mind if you Cubists gloat! - I'm sticking with the smaller ones :D

Aunty e: Don't worry, it's better not to have a specific date, as it is so disappointing when it slips!

I pre-booked my Mark 3 eglu just before the launch, and thought I had a fairly definite 5 May delivery date, but when I contact Omlet this week (because I was about to arrange to be on holiday that day) I discovered that my delivery date has been changed to the end of May.:cry:

I suspect that it's safest for people not to put their Mark 1 & 2 eglus on eBay, and not to arrange to get new chickens, until they have their Mark 3 cube actually in their gardens. Otherwise we could see chickens on the streets selling the Egg Issue.

:lol: Very true. Aunty e, I was told May 11th or before, & now changed to mid May....but I'm taking that to mean at least June :wink::lol:

Until the first ones are out I don't think Omlet can really give anyone a definite date. Once it's up and running it should be service as normal I'm sure.

Meanwhile I have 2 who are roosting outside the Eglu (in fox proof structure), I think they may be telling me something about squashed sardines. I'm not worried because of the weather, I'll post them in if it's a cold/wet night. These are the smae hens who usually try & fit 6 in one mark 1, leaving the other one empty :roll::lol:

Patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, Grace was a little girl, who didn't wash her face. :lol: