ORANGE or PINK for me,please :P

And I am already owed this from my 40th birthday this year, so they had darn well still bring it out :lol:

When it does come out the yellow mk1 we have will be sold,the green mk2 will be used for the Bantams & I will get a couple more hens to fill up the new mk3

Clare, you should get purple with you colour combination - it will look great :P

Eglu-wise it would be one or the other Sarah, I would keep the pink Rablu, but sell the orange Eglu if I got the mark 3. But it all depends on the price and whether they have sorted out the styling issues.

Phil, (without wanting to give too much away) the mark 3 is bigger and for more hens, so is for those of us who have no will power and are unable to turn away any hens offered :oops:

Purple & pink .....gorgeous :P

Funnily enough I spoke to James this morning as I am thinking of getting a recon mk2 in pink or orange for the Bantams to go in, then I would sell the yellow mk1 now

In an ideal world I would like a pink one & an Orange one - its just getting to that combination thats taking the time :lol:

He sounded really enthusiastic about the mk3, & it has made me even more eager to get one :roll::lol:

Do you know what I think would be a really great feature on the mk3?

I have heard it mentioned that the nest box(es) may be able to be blocked off to stop hens sleeping (& pooing) in them.

How great would it be if the bit that blocks off the nest box was attached to the door mechanism,meaning that when they get up in the morning & push the door open the nest box is available for them to lay in again :P

To not have to pick poo out of the nest box every morning would be fab :P:P:P

I don't want the nest box closed off! One of my hens usually lays before they get up in the morning at 7am.

I will have to see the Mark 3 before I decide if it is worth coveting If my run and converter and extension won't work with the Mark 3, I think it will all be too much trouble and expense to change over, especially if the base I have made is too narrow.

8 apparantly,Karen :wink:

Clare, thanks but I have a gut feeling about getting a pink/orange mk2 now & either selling the green or yellow one before the glut of Eglus on eBay after the mk3 is launched next year.

Or if I can get a run for the mk1 yellow then I am very tempted to hang onto it as housing for when we get babies next spring (although an ark would be more cost effective!)

I reckon I can sell my green mk2 & run now & get a new mk2 in orange/pink with no run for about the same cost, so I may as well.

Going back to the Mark 3 Eglu, I am convinced that it is going to be a double-decker. If you think of the current Eglu with its footprint doubled, it would be too big for a small back garden, and it would not be possible to get the lid through the front door if it had to be carried through a terraced house to the back garden. (Of course the lid could be split in two, opening out on both sides, which would be quite a good new feature.)

If the Eglu is a double decker, there would have to be a new run which would be twice as high, allowing the birds to flap their wings a bit more and jump up on to things.

I am starting to want one very much.... Let's hope I'm wrong with my design guesses, and I can then save money by buying a second Mark 2 when they flood eBay. There is something to be said for having the facilitiy for separating two groups of chickens.