cathybc

eggs snubbed by Avon lady! - update - sorted!

I left some eggs out with my Avon order today, with a note saying that I have chickens and that she is welcome to some eggs. She took my order and left the eggs, not even a note to say 'thanks but no thanks'. I have known for about 8 years and feel rather slighted :(

Edited by Guest

How on earth did she phrase her thanks but no thanks?? She must be mad!! Her loss :notalk:

Sorry just spotted it says not even a note :doh: Still mad though, maybe she didn't think they were for her (she could be as stupid as me and not read the note properly!)

Edited by Guest

maybe she thought she'd have to pay for them? Maybe she didn't notice the note? Maybe she didn't have a pen to leave you a note? Maybe she's allergic to eggs?

I wouldn't feel slighted and if, when you see her next, she just says she didn't want them, then order from Avon on-line in future! ;)

Maybe it's company policy to not accept gifts from customers. I know the NHS is a bit funny about that, too. We have to declare every chocolate bar! :shock:

Saronne

Yeah I once had to declare a plastic ring from inside a kinder egg!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Katie was right! She rang me last night, was only just going through the catalogues and saw my note; she had not realised the box was for her, she thought someone had left them for me!

I am so pleased, as I said, I have known her for years and she is lovely, and I would have thought that even if she didn't want any, she would have made a polite excuse. And she does usually carry pen and paper to leave notes.

Anyway, I will be dropping some off for her over the weekend. All happy again! :dance:

I asked a neighbour once if he would like some of my eggs and just said 'no thanks :shock::shameonu: I was really affronted at the time and didn't offer again but last weekend he called round and asked me for the freshest eggs I had so he could make mayonnaise :roll:

I was very tempted to say NO :!::notalk:

Glad it all got sorted out in the end!

When my girls were really noisy two days running (both wanting to lay simultaneously and fighting over the nesting box) I tried giving a neighbour some eggs. She too said no, and I felt a bit miffed, but later when she had time to chat she explained that she was allergic to eggs and had been delighted by the offer and disappointed not to be able to say yes!

I felt it bought me a few brownie points anyway, even though she couldn't have them! :D