fluffyfeet

Bee's nest in garden - what do I need to do?

Hi All

Can anybody advise please.

My next door neighbour has uncovered a bee's nest in the garden whilst clearing about 50 years of clutter, including an Anderson shelter.

Having heard about the plight of the bee population at the mo, he has asked me if I know what to do about them, so I've come to the best place possible for advice.

He thinks they are honey bees but isn't 100% certain - don't know if the species makes any difference re being endangered.

Hope you can help us.

Kind regards

Dawn x

Brilliant - the Omleteers triumph again.

Many thanks everyone for your replies.

Wild Mum - called the nearest contact from the link you supplied and they are calling a local expert to come and have a look and hopefully find a new home for them.

We are hoping to be able to watch when he comes - will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again. :clap:

Dawn x

Well - talk about prompt - the man has bee-n (sorry) and gone already.

They aren't honey bees - they are humble bumbles - a small colony of them, neighbour now has to decide whether to dig the nest out or leave till next spring for the new queens to hatch and establish a new nest elsewhere - and I think he's going to leave them be and work round them.

The guy who came out was a lovely man and very informative, he also said that all the gardens along where we live are perfect for keeping a hive or two so that's got me thinking, especially in light of what is happening to bees in general.

Many thanks again for your help - and thanks from my neighbour too.

Dawn x