theherd123

We have joined The Herd!!!

OMG i think the girls are moulting :shock: There are quite a large number of feathers in and around the eglu & hen hotel & Spog has had a talking to and isnt pecking the others either. :shameonu:

They just cant afford to lose any more feathers :shock: i will have completely bald chickens!! :(

Any way i can help speed up the process or food i can give them to encourage more feathers to grow? :?

Edited by Guest

Quick update on the sweetie girls! :D

Spog is being a real bully and is picking on Spangle something rotten but Spangle is quicker and runs like Forest Gump in a bid to get away! Go Spangle!!!8)

Spog has also picked on Mojo when she is just trying to grow some feathers back :roll:

Is there a cross between a chicken & a hedgehog? :? If there is then Mojo is your girl! :lol::lol::lol: She looks so funny with feathers sprouting from her head, neck, wings & bottom and she is so spiky when you pick her up!

Flump is now getting to be on top form and running around with the rest of them & still laying eggs to boot. :clap:

I have bought some anti-peck spray but its been a nightmare chasing them with it to spray it on :lol:

Also got some Genetian Violet (?) so might have purple chickens next week!!

Will take some more photos next week if i get home before the light has faded!! :roll::roll:

That's FAB news (not about the purple chickens.........!)

we waited a couple of weeks before we ate any of the new girls eggs - just so their systems could be "flushed" through and all the good food that we gave them started to take effect.

We didnt want to upset them by not eating their eggs - so the dogs got them!

No need to struggle Snowy - picture mad blonde woman with spotty wellys, wearing pink PJs & anti-peck spray in hand talking nicely to chickens with the odd blasphemous word here & there, running wildly trying to corner chickens in home made run :lol::lol::lol:

:shock: Yep, that was the picture I got!!! :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well today has been a day of 'firsts'! 8)8)8)

I saw Spangle dig her first hole and take her first dust bath in front of me :D - how cute do they look when they plonk themselves down and shimmy about in the muck with wings outstretched??? :lol::lol::lol:

Also today was our first 3 egg day - Mojo, Spangle & Flump laid eggs. :clap:

Yesterday i witnessed Mojo laying an egg - another first.

OMG i though she was ill at first as i opened the eglu and only 3 popped out so i opened the egg port to find Mojo - all feathers puffed out and moaning a lot, she then laid a 90g egg! :shock::shock::shock: OUCH!!!

This is from the scraggliest, smallest, most rag bag chicken you have ever seen :lol::lol:

Well done Mojo!! :dance::clap: