theherd123

We have joined The Herd!!!

Where is Em do you think? Out with her chickens maybe...... possibly........ :lol::lol::lol:

YES I AM!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Up early this morning - 5.50 to be exact, let girls out of Eglu & into run. Spangle came out first, closely followed by the rest. Gave them some more food in an old plastic icecream tub which Mojo then kicked over :roll:

and........we have our second egg!!! Flump obviously couldnt wait to get back into the nesting box & just laid it outside the eglu & then carried on scratching around :shock: It weighed in at 75g - well done Flump! (Yes i did do the egg dance!!) :oops::lol::lol:

Edited by Guest

Oh! Bless their little hearts! They are just gorgeous, (in a scraggly kind of way).

I agree, I want to buy them little woolie jumpers to keep them warm :)

I have kind of knitted some rectangles and intend to sew 2 rectangles together at strategic points in a vague attempt at making a jumpery affair to keep them warm :lol::lol::lol:

Dont worry i will take pics for your amusement!! :roll::lol:

It brough tears to my eyes seeing how straggly they look, thank goodness you have them now :cry: Just goes to show what amazing creatures they are that they can still lay after being treated the way they have. Very humbling. Can't wait to see their progress back to how they should be.

Well done.

:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for all your good wishes guys they are really making me smile!! :D:D

I may well just start a blog! :anxious:

OMG we now have 3 eggs!!! :dance:

We think Mojo laid this one as she was squatting a bit and spent mucho time in Eglu today!!

Weighs in at 66g - well done Mojo!!! :clap:

Ok need to go and make tea for the babies now. They are having a warm mixture of egg shell, layers mash & mealworms :vom: but hey if it keeps 'em healthy and gets 'em feathered up so be it! :D:D:D

Well even though im not at work today & had to get up early, my OH beat me to opening the eglu! :shock:

The girls all peeped out and then stretched their legs & wings.

When i got downstairs to say my good mornings to them, Spangle was in the eglu, came back in 5 mins she was still in the eglu... 5 mins later we have our 4th egg!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Spangle made the complete set this morning!!! :clap: :clap:

Weighed in at 76g!! It does have a large number or ridges on it but it still looks great!!

Lesley you do not have a devil dog - just an over excited furry teenager! :lol::lol: (& if she needs a doggy holiday she is always welcome here!!) :wink:

Congratulations Emma and Mo 8)

The girls are gorgeous :D:D They'll soon get new feathers now you're looking after them

Sorry to post this so late after the event but I try to keep away from the PC at the weekends as I am on it all week at work

You are lucky to get so many eggs so soon, we only get that many from our 2 in a week.

It will be lovely to see them blossom with all the love and care they deserve and I know you will both give them

Keep on posting lots of pics

PS Love the names and the fab purple eglu 8)